Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So I've put duct tape on my verruca, what now?

(8 Posts)
woodenchair Sat 12-Jul-08 10:51:22

Could someone advise what to do next?

Do I leave it on, take it off, pick, scrape, dig?

Has anyone had any success? tia

2shoes Sat 12-Jul-08 11:07:34

you leave it on. when it falls of you re apply. keep doing this until verruca falls out/disappears
as told to me by my gp

woodenchair Sat 12-Jul-08 15:36:49

That's easy, thanks!

Goober Sat 12-Jul-08 15:39:21

No way!
You mean I don't need to shell out on that crap stuff that doesn't work anymore?
I'm going for a rummage in the garage.

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Sat 12-Jul-08 15:58:12

i thought banana skins were the mn answer?

nailpolish Sat 12-Jul-08 16:07:30

banana skin does work apparently but how do you keep it on?

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Sat 12-Jul-08 16:09:23

cue the ducting tape?

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Sat 12-Jul-08 16:11:17

copied this ages agoPut the inside, fleshy part of hte skin against teh verucca. Just cut a piece to cover the verucca, cover with a plaster.

small piece of skin, fleshy side down. Hold in place with a plaster/micropore tape. Change every 24hrs, file about once a week. DDs droppped off after about 3 weeks with banana after bazooka (vile stuff) had her in agony every day for 2-3 weeks.
I have heard that blackened banana is best. I also don't like spotty bananas so it was never that black - but I always tried to pick hte ripest part of the skin. I also stored it in the fridge for 3-4 days before using a fresh one so I didn't have to eat bananas every day.

If you keep it covered that should stop you spreading it to the family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now