Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

calling all homepathic experts

(7 Posts)
mum2twins Thu 03-Feb-05 20:23:49

My daughter seems to always get a persistant cough for weeks following a cold. THis one has been going on for at least a month. I have a steamer going etc, etc but what causes her the most problem is that she vomits. Today we had a new friend over and her mum and they had to witness her being sick all over the table. Anyone know any homepathic remedies for drying up mucus please.

oatcake Thu 03-Feb-05 20:44:53

kali bich for stringy discharge...

have you got one of the free homepathic books that boots used to offer? I refer to mine all the time.

Just go into a 'proper' health store - not holland and barret, and they'll sort you out.

mum2twins Thu 03-Feb-05 21:17:25

thanks oatcake - will have a look at this. The confusion I have had with homepathic medicine is that they never say what they are for on the bottles or have a dose - but will try and track down a 'proper' store

oatcake Thu 03-Feb-05 21:22:10

luckily, one of my friends is a homeopath and so I'm always picking her brains if I can't find what I want!

If I remember, I'll try and look in my book tomorrow.

mamadadawahwah Fri 04-Feb-05 15:15:16

go to WWW.ABCHOMEOPATHY.COM This site allows you to personally diagnose your symptoms and prescription. Beware its time consuming but I have found it to be very useful and spot on.

Prufrock Fri 04-Feb-05 21:44:08

Homepathic remedies don't say what they are for because the vast majority of them treat the underlying cause of the symptoms rather than the symptoms themsleves, and effective treatment also depends on the personality of the patient. There really is no substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath.

mamadadawahwah Fri 04-Feb-05 22:53:22

Prufrock, i totally agree, there are over 2000 homeopathic remedies and each one in combination with another adds up to millions of different computations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now