Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

7 mth old still being sick after milk or solids

(8 Posts)
Nanoon Fri 11-Jul-08 21:50:36

DS2 has always been abit sick after i have fed him (as was DS1) however i was expecting this to have finsihed by now. It never caauses him any discomfort but i spend my whole day following him around mopping up sick and i have to change his sheet every day. I try to keep him as still and upright as possible after each feed or meal but he is on tbe move already so i can only pin him down for so long.

Is anyone lses DC like this? when can i expect to to finally clear up?

Thanks

avenanap Fri 11-Jul-08 21:52:36

ds used to puke alot so I would feed him half, then let him have a rest before finishing his food. It was horrid. It stopped when he was about 18 months.

Nanoon Fri 11-Jul-08 22:13:50

it horrid isn't it! He doesn't care at all -but the smell eeeewwwww

I would try and split his feeds/solids but he is pretty impatient when food is on the scene, this is proably part of the problem i guess.

avenanap Fri 11-Jul-08 22:24:52

Ahh, an over eater! This says it all. Have you tried putting haf in a bowl, giving that to him, then a drink? Leave him to play for 10 mins then give him the rest? The drink should fill him up a bit more, by the time you've fed him the rest the water would have gone through, making space in his tummy.

emma1977 Fri 11-Jul-08 22:33:21

It's puke city at my house since ds started weaning (now 7m). I thought reflux was meant to get better. All that rolling around and trying to crawl doesn't help either.

avenanap Fri 11-Jul-08 22:38:13

eww. poor thing. It's horrid. fabreeze is very good.

Nanoon Sat 12-Jul-08 22:37:54

Yep i've tried splitting to food but when he's hungry he is hungry and isn't happy to wait. Today he had bf at 2pm and puked at 2.45pm all over the rug!! so even if i keep him still for a while he just bides his time i think wink.

avenanap Sat 12-Jul-08 22:42:44

Ok. It sounds alot like reflux so you'll need to take him to the gp. The muscle at the top of his tummy that is supposto keep the food in his belly doesn't sound as if it's doing what it should so you need to get it checked (unless you have not already, then take him back and see someone else), especially if he has always been a sicky baby. It does need checking though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now