Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have an unhealthy obsession with spin and rpm classes (-;

(18 Posts)
mosschops30 Fri 11-Jul-08 18:18:34

Honest, I cant stop myself from going.

Have virtually given up the gym (but I do some weights and abs before or after spin)

But i love it, they do a class every day, its so tempting to do them all grin

anyone know if its as good for you as the gym or burns as many calories?

dinny Fri 11-Jul-08 18:20:03

it's about the biggest fat-burner there is - haven't you noticed yourself fading away?

although, it's so intense it's prob more cardio-fitness, but still imagine it consumes those kcals!!

mosschops30 Fri 11-Jul-08 18:43:25

not fading away just yet grin but i get a much better buzz out of it than anything else, especially when the instructor shouts at me like he did yesterday grin was like a scene from private benjamin lol

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 11-Jul-08 18:50:57

lol. Are you a masochist mosschops?

mosschops30 Fri 11-Jul-08 18:54:43

not at all, i just love going to the class feeling tired and shitty, then getting so sweaty and feeling like I could save the world lol grin

Ive done 3 already this week, am tempted to do the sunday morning one also blush

FluffyMummy123 Fri 11-Jul-08 18:56:23

Message withdrawn

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 11-Jul-08 18:58:29

Does your bum not hurt? Spinning makes my nether regions a little uncomfortable.

Are you back at the gym now cod?

mosschops30 Fri 11-Jul-08 18:58:36

why u gonna bitch at me if i am grin

yes Im fairly thin, but would like my stomach to be a little flatter, the rest Im happy with, and this spinning thing is doing wonders for my bottom which I have nightmares about it turning into my mothers flat square behind grin

davidtennantsmistress Fri 11-Jul-08 18:58:47

burns more I reckon - cos i'm more motivated during the classes - I've got an obsession with body combat at the mo - even have the dvd's for home for when I can't get to the classes! blush

davidtennantsmistress Fri 11-Jul-08 18:59:09

what's the spin thing then?

mosschops30 Fri 11-Jul-08 18:59:31

it did for the first class, but then my friend told me to sit right at the back of the seat and now its fine.
You can buy gel seats if you find it too uncomfortable I think

mosschops30 Fri 11-Jul-08 19:00:58

DTM I am a bit scared of bodycombat or bodypump. Is it good? I havent tried it.
Mind, I dont have time for anything else with my current obsession grin

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 11-Jul-08 19:01:07

I have gel seat and gel pants for my bike but still get a bit sore.

<<must have a bony bum>> If only hmm

davidtennantsmistress Fri 11-Jul-08 19:03:45

oh yes don't do body pump or attack (working up to that) but trust me body combat - I go once a week to that class (only time I can get around DS's things (ie the other classes are on at 6-7pm) but it's bloody fantastic. really enjoy it - takes a bit of focus to get the moves right, or read that as better co ordinated than I am! lol) it's fab really enjoyable.

did the step first class as well once but that one I found good - but a bit harder for the coordination. a friend really rates the body first class (am trying that on monday, with the ball fit thingy.)

davidtennantsmistress Fri 11-Jul-08 19:04:37

I looked at the RPM one but my knees hurt if i'm on the bike for too long so thought best not to go.

mosschops30 Fri 11-Jul-08 19:06:37

my knees are shite too but the bike doesnt seem to cause me any probs thankfully.

cant do step as have zero co-ordination lol.

Id be worried Id move the wrong way in body combat and end up with someone kicking me in the head grin

davidtennantsmistress Fri 11-Jul-08 19:09:46

lol. na it's not like that - well my class isn't there's usually about 5-8 of us weds morning, all spread out in a big room, good cos you have tonnes of space, bad thou cos the instructor can focus and you can't slack, but our instructor is brill, she's a mentalist really! lol. but gets the focus which is good - esp as she's just had an op of sorts.

mosschops30 Fri 11-Jul-08 19:29:08

i think good instructors are the ones who really go for it and are a bit crazy wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now