Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

22 month old dd very hot - got strange rash only on her thighs, looks a bit like ringworm

(12 Posts)
posieflump Fri 11-Jul-08 06:57:51

We're going to take her to the gp when it opens but anyone any ideas? Can't find a picture of ringowrm on the 'Net, would that be only on the thighs?

NotQuiteCockney Fri 11-Jul-08 07:04:42

Ringworm rash develops slowly, from what I remember, and comes in rings, iyswim.

Sounds like heat rash to me, has she been warm lately? Or have you changed washing powder?

posieflump Fri 11-Jul-08 07:06:02

she is very hot
she came home from nursery yesterday with a temperature so we have been giving calpol

NotQuiteCockney Fri 11-Jul-08 07:08:26

Here is a big pic of heat rash. Here is a pic of ring worm.

forevercleaning Fri 11-Jul-08 07:08:48

I would get her checked out at GP. Have you done the 'glass test' against the rash?

Hopefully it is nothing but a bit of heat rash, but would get her checked anyway. What is her temp?

posieflump Fri 11-Jul-08 07:10:13

thanks smile
It's definitely circles but nt as scabby as the ringworm picture

posieflump Fri 11-Jul-08 07:11:11

yes we are going to the GP as soon as it opens (8.30am), temp was over 100 but as come down a bit. She seems happy in herslef, not listless or anything.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 11-Jul-08 07:12:54

Does the rash look like a bullseye?. It could also be a tick bite.

Would take her to the GP; she may need antibiotics.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 11-Jul-08 07:13:07

Ok, if it's circles, then it might be ringworm at a different stage.

posieflump Fri 11-Jul-08 07:15:34

just checked again and they seem to be fading so I guess it must be heat rash (fingers crossed)

posieflump Fri 11-Jul-08 19:54:51

Just to update poor dd has a chest infection and is now on anti b's. The doctor thinks the rash was a heat rash. Thanks for all the replies smile

NotQuiteCockney Sat 12-Jul-08 06:44:01

Hopefully she's on the mend, anyway? Good thing you went to the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now