Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rhinoplasty

(6 Posts)
Meid Thu 10-Jul-08 22:35:41

Has anyone here had a nosejob and could answer a question for me?

I am due to have cosmetic surgery on my nose because I broke it.

I am having it straightened also have the option of having the tip of the nose improved (its at a slightly funny angle).

Has anyone had the tip of their nose cosmetically worked on? Could you tell me how it felt afterwards and how much it hurt?

I am assuming the straightening of the nose will feel fairly similar to when I broke it, but its the tip I'm unsure of.

Many thanks,
meid smile

paros Thu 10-Jul-08 23:03:27

Op was fine it was when they took the packing out of the nose that really was not plesant . WISH I had known in advance I would have been more prepared . Hope it goes ok for you .

Meid Fri 11-Jul-08 10:00:32

Thank you for your response. I'll brace myself for the packing being taken out.

foxinsocks Fri 11-Jul-08 10:04:35

yes, the packing coming out is pretty horrific. They made me eat a bucket of ice first and I think that's quite a good idea because it does numb the back of your throat and the top of your nose (at the back). Don't know if they do that any more.

I think what you need to brace yourself for is how much packing they can get up there! I thought it was just a bit of a plug but when they pulled it out it kept on coming (think of a very long tampon).

If I'd known in advance, I would have started doing that breathing they teach you for when you give birth....you know, the counting and breathing in to about 4 counts and then breathing out slower to about 7 counts because if you concentrate on something like that rather than on what they are doing, it will be over in a flash!

TheBlonde Fri 11-Jul-08 10:07:57

I had a bump shaved off mine and 2 attempts at straightening it
Never had any packing in in though
No pain just can't breathe through it for a while and two big black eyes

foxinsocks Fri 11-Jul-08 10:09:16

yes, I should have said that I don't know whether you'll end up having the same sort of op that I had.

I shattered my nose bone in a very bad accident so the op that followed was quite severe in terms of nose ops I believe. So you'll probably be fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now