Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds2 has a wart on his finger - we've not done warts - advice please?

(4 Posts)
SorenLorensen Thu 10-Jul-08 22:14:51

We've done verrucas (ds1) and I suppose warts are essentially the same...but ds2 is only 6 and the Wartner I used for ds1 seems a bit vicious for teeny fingers. Do I treat it? If so, what with? If I don't treat it will he get loads?

Oh and a question from the boy himself "is it poisonous like the Gruffalo's wart?"

(you don't have to answer the last one, btw grin)

emma1977 Thu 10-Jul-08 22:52:06

Leave it alone, it will eventually drop off of its own accord once his immune system fights off the virus. They can spread, but there's not a lot you can do to prevent that, I'm afraid. Wart paints are a pain to apply and keep on, and freezing them isn't really feasible in a small child (too painful).

....and it's not poisonous.

misdee Thu 10-Jul-08 22:54:33

Leave it.

dd2 had one on her hand when she was two. one day it just disappeared.

dd3 currently has one on her finger as well, am leaving it, she shows it to everyone though which is funny.

i did use some acidic stuff on the one on dd1 nose, as she was getting teased about it, so felt that one had to go.

dh has to have his frozen off as his body cant fight the virus. i havent ever had one.

SorenLorensen Fri 11-Jul-08 09:23:06

D'you know, that's exactly the advice I wanted to hear...I will leave it alone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now