Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone Else's Children Got The Current Sickness Bug?

(17 Posts)
Fimbo Thu 03-Feb-05 13:40:04

Ds was sick in his sleep last night and has been unable to keep anything down today. There is a sickness bug doing the rounds at dd's school. Anyone else have this at the moment and if so how long is it lasting for?

janeybops Thu 03-Feb-05 13:56:16

Yes my dd had it Sun night. Very tired Monday and I kept her off nursery on Tues too. Although she is back at school she is really off her food still. Currently lying on sofa with blanket wtaching cbbees

DS also has had slapped cheek syndrome this past week, so what a fun week

Fimbo Thu 03-Feb-05 14:03:35

Hi Janey, My dd had slapped cheek last year, until then I had never even heard of it. Hope your two are feeling better soon. I have managed to get ds to drink some water, but all he wants to do is sleep or be held, which is not like him as he is normally very very active.

littlerach Thu 03-Feb-05 14:06:43

Fimbo, DD2, 6 months, had it last week,t then I caught it (wonderful way to shift those last few pregnancy pounds!!) It lasted about 18 hrs for her and 36 for me, but we were knackered afterwards.

Gobbledigook Thu 03-Feb-05 14:07:32

Def doing the rounds among the adults here rather than the kids, though ds1 was sick the other night. Usually lasting 24-48hrs.

Fimbo Thu 03-Feb-05 14:11:57

Oh No!! Goobledigook, thats my worse fear me getting it and throwing up in the street as I have to walk to school to collect dd, ds threw up in his pram and that was bad enough

Kayleigh Thu 03-Feb-05 14:18:32

ds2 had this bug at the weekend. Lasted about 36 hours. Unfortunately he threw up all over anoraks sofa which was a bit to say the least.
Her ds is the same size as my ds2 so at least he had something to change into.

Am just waiting for ds1 to come down with it as half his school has been off this week.

Grommit Thu 03-Feb-05 14:20:05

Dd has been ill since Sunday night. She was only sick once but has been running a very high temperature - 103 and complaining of a sore tummy. Now asleep on the sofa

Furball Thu 03-Feb-05 14:21:18

My ds had it a couple of weeks ago and kindly passed it on to me, but I had it from the opposite end. Dh had it this weekend.

Can you get it twice? or is that it till another one comes along?

coppertop Thu 03-Feb-05 14:34:35

Ds2 (2) has this at the moment. He had 2 days where he had a runny nose which I assumed was just a cold. On Tuesday he had a temperature. Wednesday he seemed better apart from having one runny nappy. This morning he has been unable to keep anything down. The colour is starting to come back to his cheeks so I'm starting to feel hopeful that he'll be better soon.

mummylonglegs Thu 03-Feb-05 14:45:16

Do you guys find that you always catch your kids tummy bugs or is it about 50/50 that you do? Dd, 2.4, hasn't had a tummy bug yet. I know, I'm very lucky, but it'll all end when she goes to nursery. I dread us both throwing up together...

logs Wed 09-Feb-05 21:28:50

my lil boys had this bug since sat night, i was carrying him to his poty when he spewed all over me,he couldnt keep anything down he is still vomiting and having diarrea tthe doc has said totry nt to feed him but give him plenty of fluids.
its now wed night and hes the same
they did say it can last up to 7 days but but but but arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
im so frustrated
help!

Nome Wed 09-Feb-05 22:07:03

Snap coppertop. And now I feel like death warmed through...

kikidee Wed 09-Feb-05 22:17:21

Snap here too. DS v.sick in bed on Friday night and v.poorly Saturday. Better from then on but he has still been sick at least once each day. Really thought we had it nailed today but bad diarrhoea (sp?) this morning and sick again this afternoon. Was beginning to worry as I thought he should have been over it by now so feel better that others are the same. Hope all better soon. My carpets are ruined!

blueteddy Wed 09-Feb-05 22:22:26

Oh no! Not more sickness bugs!
I thought they had finally disappeared 4 a while!
My ds has had this flu bug that is sweeping the town where we live.

Slinky Wed 09-Feb-05 22:26:07

DH went back to work today after having the 'flu bug thing.

DS1 started feeling ill on Saturday morning - high temperature, feeling dizzy. Was sick a little on Sat. night, then the "runs" on Sunday.

It took me 2 hours to get up on Sunday as everytime I moved, the room would spin and I would feel sick. Was sick during the afternoon.

DD2 had Monday and Tuesday off school as she has impetigo YET AGAIN

helsi Wed 09-Feb-05 22:47:09

Dh (2 yrs) started last night and also very hot. Not too bad tonight - not been sick much more since this am and temp down but still got horrid poos and grouchy. I've ben told its a 48 hour thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now