Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone had colposcopy laser treatment?

(13 Posts)
elmoandella Thu 10-Jul-08 21:12:37

hi,
had to have the laser treatment for CIN level 2. got a coil removed at same time. was also due my period the day after treatment.

had mild bleeding for over 3 weeks now.

they gave me a sheet saying 2-4 weeks.

just wondering if anyone been through similar can share experience?

was fine at first. now feel like my insides are swollen. had to wear my big trousers constant.is this normal to still be feeling as shitty

Thankyouandgoodnight Thu 10-Jul-08 22:11:52

Hi there, yes I had this done and I bled for around 6-8 weeks I think. Are you feeling ok in yourself? One of the risks of the procedure is an infection, so do get them to check you out if you have any of the following: fever, smell bad, passing clots, excessive bleeding, pain etc or if you're worried. you could phone them up and just tell them what's going on and ask if they advise you to go in?

expatinscotland Thu 10-Jul-08 22:13:24

I had laser treatment for CIN2, but I was on the combined Pill at the time.

I only bled lightly for a few days after the treatment.

It didn't bother me much at all - some cramping for a day or two, nothing that paracetamol didn't solve.

elmoandella Thu 10-Jul-08 22:15:57

just usual period smell. the joy of sanitary towels.

feel ok, just getting fed up of the constant bleeding. it's not ecessive. have some cramps but nothing moer than period pain worth.

but it does hurt a little if there's wind passing by that area on it's way out??? does that make sense?

no fever or ill feeling. but very bloated

Thankyouandgoodnight Thu 10-Jul-08 22:18:36

could this be your actual period do you think? when in your cycle did you have the colposcopy?

Bleeding and sanitary towels never make one feel too glam do they wink

elmoandella Thu 10-Jul-08 22:28:05

well i had colposcop on 24th. my period was due 25th. never had any bleeding till 2nd day after. haven't stopped since. but never had a proper heavy bleed like i do at the start of period.

when you get coil removed would that give me odd periods? perhaps that is it? i'm just having long period?

supposed to take combined pill when i got my heavy bleed to signal start of period. but it's never really been heavy so looks like i won't be starting that till next month

amazonianadventure Thu 10-Jul-08 22:33:24

I had treatment and a coil removed and replaced, i bled for around a month then it stopped and started again, it was horrible like little black bits of burntness.

sorry for detail but what u describe is normal

elmoandella Thu 10-Jul-08 22:41:31

yeah i had the burnt bits at beginning.

how long before you were back to a regular 3 week off, one week bleed cycle.

i'm tempted to hold off on the pill till i'm back to that.

coil was giving me 6 weeks off 10-14days bleed

amazonianadventure Fri 11-Jul-08 09:07:48

I had my coil replaced so im afraid i dont know.

alp Fri 11-Jul-08 09:19:45

Well I'm reading with interest as I am going on Tuesday to have laser treatment for CIN3 and have coil removed - maybe pop back to the GPs to ask them.

PinkChick Fri 11-Jul-08 09:22:47

Hi i think it may be combo of treatment AND your period as you say you had coil removed, your body it sorting itself out.

however when i had treatment for CIN3 about 6-7 years ago, i was told to expect bleeding for 6-8 weeks, at first it was very clotty and i felt like my insides were going to dall outsmile, but then petered off, although it was about 6 weeks for me.

If you are worried in anyway, give gp/hosp a ring to ask for check up?

good luck.

elmoandella Fri 11-Jul-08 09:47:17

does anyone know if you have the coil removed your periods should return to normal from next period or does it take a while.

i only had it in for 8 months

elmoandella Fri 11-Jul-08 09:53:58

hey alp,

if it's any comfort the treatment was actually a lot better than i thought.

well, i say that, i had a trainee i stupidly agreed to allow to try and do it.

i have no idea why a man would ever want to do this job in the first place???

he was yanking my flower about with the clamp. so i asked my female doctor to take over.
angry
men don't understand it bruises i think?

it was great from then on. they inject you with the same stuff as dentist. but it's not as sore as the dentist.

they stain the cells.then i had laser treatment. i never felt a thing. wasn't a problem at all.

but you dont always get laser. some depends on your clinic preference.

the weirdest thing was the sound of the laser machine. was like a giant generator when they switched it on. i was waiting on them handing me some goggles and ear muffsgrin

it's just the after treatment that feels a bit shit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now