Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

why does one of my love handles stick out more than the other?

(22 Posts)
davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 20:17:03

basically?

my hips are not even in the middle of my body anymore - one side sticks out more. have been working out recently, but am feeling a little lopsided.

so what can I do to get it back in the middle again? (it's quite noticable as well - never was an issue before)

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 20:46:10

can't be the only one surely?

hifi Thu 10-Jul-08 20:53:08

i have one hip higher than the other, does everyone?
a while back friends were asking why i was limping, i didnt feel i was but it looked lie it.
went to see an osteopath and she sorted it out, slipping abit now though.
are you getting old like me?

FluffyMummy123 Thu 10-Jul-08 20:53:32

Message withdrawn

cocolepew Thu 10-Jul-08 20:54:19

Because you are lopsided, go and get sorted.

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 21:00:26

lol. how do I get it sorted thou? never used to be a prob - althou i do have one leg shorter than the other.

hifi Thu 10-Jul-08 21:14:46

my friend says mine does cod, ive trimmed it and everything but no joy, might need lipo.

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 21:19:05

ahem not to sound blonde but what's that? i'm only 26 as well!

<whails deeply - I had a fab figure pre XH & DS!>

jezzemx Thu 10-Jul-08 21:23:51

I bet you it's the hip you sit your child on when you are standing up. When I stand up (even without holding DD on hip) my right hip sticks out!!!!!

jezzemx Thu 10-Jul-08 21:24:33

I can look very lopsided grin

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 21:28:15

ooh er yes I think it is actually. bugger it - oh no it's not. it's the other side. or is it hmm. will have to spend tomorrow paying attention, yes I think ti is cos it's easy to sling him on that side.

OrmIrian Thu 10-Jul-08 21:30:31

You can develop a fatty lump in places that get a lot of pressure. So it could be baby-carrying. I had a huge lump removed from the left of my belly but still haven't worked out what caused it.

Shoshe Thu 10-Jul-08 21:32:58

Well DTM if you will stand on the street corner with that hip stuck out , what do you expect grin

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 21:33:30

would it balance out if I carried DS on the other side?

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 21:34:26

OI shoshe! how very rude!

Shoshe Thu 10-Jul-08 21:36:28

gringringringringringringrin

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 21:38:23

how are u alright?

Shoshe Thu 10-Jul-08 21:41:40

Doing well, lovie, have you heard I'm running jogging walking every morning now, (blardy 5.45!!!) up the hill behind your old house along to the chuch, down SGT mess hill passed the refurbs and back home, EVERY morning!!!!!

I will be fit or dead

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 21:55:16

JESUS woman! lol. and I thought I was keen going to the gym 3/4 times a week. (ok so I only go to ogle really!)

that hill up racedown's a killer to do.

Shoshe Thu 10-Jul-08 22:03:53

yep doing it in 23 minutes now, not bad for a old bird who was finding it difficult to walk half a mile this time last year, started off slow just around the block, and built it up.

My mad little boys mum is training to be a personal trainer, so used me as a disabled subject, she reserched Lupus and Fibromylgia, and worked out what I could do, and started me off. Its going well now.

And have managed to lose half a stone as well!

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 22:17:10

that's all good then. how far is it around? it's good either way - I seem to be loosing inches but not lb's - hmm, wonder if that's to do with still eating choc & chip butties!

cocolepew Fri 11-Jul-08 10:25:01

Stand in front of a mirror, look at your shoulders, is one further down than the other? Hold your arms lightly by your side, is there a bigger gap between your arm and your body on one side? Yes? Get yee to an oestopath/chiropractor. Sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now