Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First period for 32 months, flu-like symptoms - is this normal?

(5 Posts)
marram Thu 10-Jul-08 19:59:23

feeling hot and cold, aching all over, shaky, weak. Back absolutely killing me. Has this happened to anyone else or do I have a pesky bug at same time as return of AF?

ReallyTired Thu 10-Jul-08 20:02:27

"First period for 32 months" , quite normal if you are still breastfeeding. My periods came back at 28 months.

"feeling hot and cold, aching all over, shaky, weak. Back absolutely killing me."

No that is not normal. I suggest that you take some paracentanol, have a bath and go to bed if possible.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

barbamama Thu 10-Jul-08 20:04:32

Mine have just come back aftera year and I really felt ill for a few days before (PMT doesn't normally bother me) - tbh thought I might be pg as felt really nauseous. I was also achy, shaky and very hot - felt better as soon as it started.

marram Thu 10-Jul-08 20:06:37

Thanks RT, still breastfeeding, dropped to 2x/day about a month ago. Been taking paracetamol every four hours all day thinking it was just due to AF but still feeling ruff (currently having hot flush after just been freezing cold). Will take your advice and tootle off to bed early. Had terrible time sleeping lately, maybe that will improve now that AF back!

marram Thu 10-Jul-08 20:08:09

I have done gazillions of preg tests due to feeling nauseous (and probs some wishful thinking) so it is prob due to hormone changes too barb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now