Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD (5) has a funny red rash mark under each eye - What is it?

(5 Posts)
hockeypuck Thu 10-Jul-08 16:50:49

Has anyone got any experience of this.

She has a pair of red marks about 2-3 cms under each eye - they are shaped like eye bags, in an arc like crease.

What on earth is it? She's not complaining and I don't want to draw her attention to them as she is a bit of a hypochondriac and she'll complain about them a lot!

hockeypuck Thu 10-Jul-08 17:00:55

bumping to active convos.

I would suggest allergies but it's not itching and she's not allergic to anything afaik

jimblejambles Thu 10-Jul-08 17:05:24

ds1 gets something similar to this every year in late march. All the dr can come up with is an allergy. We put moisturiser on it and it usually fades. Never bothers him.
Maybe best to go to the dr if not gone by monday.

Romy7 Thu 10-Jul-08 17:10:15

dd1 used to get this before conjunctivitus... is it a sudden thing? any sign of eye infection at all?

if not i'd go with allergy, or suggest they've been doing something daft with sunglasses at school maybe?

hockeypuck Thu 10-Jul-08 21:47:56

Thanks ladies. I'll see how it is in the morning. I'm hoping not conjunctivitis, she doesn't want to miss any of the last week of school.

Will check tomorrow - Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now