Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

FAO stealthsquiggle

(5 Posts)
kaylasmum Thu 10-Jul-08 13:21:11

Hi sorry to contact this way but i just had another question for you, my anxiety is getting really bad concerning my ds and lump on his back. I had to leave work early last night cos i'm in such a state about all this. I can't stop feeling the lump and it does'nt seem as soft as i thought at first, and this is getting me more worried. With your ds did it always feel soft and did it move about under the skin.
Was your ds's lump right next to his spine? I'm so scared, i can't function properly at all just now and have to stop myself from breaking down in tears. Sorry again, i don't want to be a nuisance. I'm taking my ds back to the gp this afternoon cos i need some reassurance. Even thinking about trying to find a private paediatrician so that we don't have to wait too long.

kaylasmum Thu 10-Jul-08 18:23:09

just hoping you notice this.

stealthsquiggle Tue 15-Jul-08 11:53:59

Sorry Kaylasmum - I was out of the office and therefore not on MN last week.

I am really sorry you are getting so stressed about this - I know you think your GP thinks you are paranoid but you really need to go back and talk to them again and see if they can accelerate your referral.

In answer to your questions - yes it was always soft (ish - not completely squidgy, but certainly not hard), and moved about a bit when pushed. It was about 2-3 inches out from his spine, on his ribcage.

Lipomas are really common but clearly this is stressing you beyond belief and you need to see someone ASAP.

kaylasmum Tue 15-Jul-08 13:36:42

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. went back to my gp, but saw a different one this time, he knows about my anxieties. He felt the lump and agreed with the first gp and said that he reckons that it is a lipoma. when i felt it i thought that it was harder but i think it just feels that way because of th e fact that it is right next to his spine and when i press on it its pushing against his spine.The gp said that it was soft, very smooth, with no irregular edges and very small. I asked him if in all his years as a gp had he ever seen anyhting like that that turned out to be serious and he said no. since seeing that gp i have felt calmer, i just need to try to stop my mind from going into overdrive and try to put thing into perspective. Hoping to get an appointment through quite soon but i suppose i can take reassurance from the fact that it has'nt been rushed through. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tracey.

stealthsquiggle Tue 15-Jul-08 13:45:20

Do be reassured. However much people complain about the NHS, if anyone thought there was any possibility of it being serious you would have seen a consultant by now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now