Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Minor scratches and bumps suddenly swelling up big time?

(7 Posts)
littleducks Wed 09-Jul-08 15:58:05

For the past few days dd keeps getting massive red swollen patches all over her skin, these occur whenever she scratches herself a tiny bit or a knock. It looks awful, as if she has been beaten.

Then after 30-40 mins all evidence has gone. Her skin has never been sensitive. She is bathed in plain water. Not much soap used etc.

I dont understand it. I thought it could be linked to the heat but it is now cool (and chucking it down) and is still happening.
She had her mmr two weeks ago, could it be a heightened immune system kind of thing?

DettaJnr Wed 09-Jul-08 18:49:35

Sounds like urticaria. I would take her to the GP to get it checked out.

littleducks Wed 09-Jul-08 20:43:12

Have googled, interestingly its says it can occur after an illness or vac.

Was going to ask hv but think i will take her to gp now.

Any tips on pronounciation so I can ask the gp.

Sawyer64 Wed 09-Jul-08 20:45:04

ERT - TI- CARE- REA

Sawyer64 Wed 09-Jul-08 20:45:47

Or "Hives".

DettaJnr Wed 09-Jul-08 20:46:23

I will do the pronounciation with an Irish accent - that may not help!!! Ur-ti-car-ia is a raised rash with many different causes. HTH

littleducks Thu 10-Jul-08 14:28:58

Thank you ladies, you were correct!

dd was diagnosed and given a script for an antihitamine, am now looking into alternative/natural remedies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now