Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had cystitis?

(20 Posts)
DazedEmma Wed 09-Jul-08 15:47:36

I feel like i need to wee all the time, am incredibly bloated and have a weird period type feeling pain just above my pubic bone on my left hand side. It also burns a little bit when i go to the loo and can feel a little burning discomfort all the time.

does this sound like cystitis? if so, what can i do to get rid of it?

suzywong Wed 09-Jul-08 15:48:19

go to the docs
get some antibiotics

LittleMyDancing Wed 09-Jul-08 15:50:02

cranberry juice - buckets and buckets of it to relieve the symptoms.
and go to the docs.

DazedEmma Wed 09-Jul-08 15:51:02

does it sound like cystitis though?

SheherazadetheGoat Wed 09-Jul-08 15:51:03

drink lots - go to doctor.

my mother used to make us drink bicarbonate of soda for any ladybits discomfort but ithink you can buy sachets of sparkly more palatable solutions.

SheherazadetheGoat Wed 09-Jul-08 15:51:45

yes it does sound like cystitus but we are not doctors you will need to give a sample to see if you need treatment.

Kewcumber Wed 09-Jul-08 15:51:58

try over the counter cystitus powders first - if its cystitus it'll work very quickly go to docs if that doesn;t work. Cranberry powders are better than juice but you'll need to get it from a healthfood shop.

Yes it sounds like cystitis

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 09-Jul-08 15:52:36

For me it was like peeing fire, and only being able to squeeze a few drops out when my bladder felt like it was going to explode.

As you've got a pain I would get a GP's appointment and in the meantime drink lots of fluid and cranberry juice.

Although actually you can get some remedies over the counter at pharmacies. I have no idea what is in them or how effective they are though.

Kewcumber Wed 09-Jul-08 15:52:48

really no need to go to Dr unless its recurring or doesn't clear up with over the counter remedies though. Talk to a pharmacist they will confirm.

suzywong Wed 09-Jul-08 15:53:29

no, go straight to the doctors, you're 7 months pg aren't you, well it's very common inthe later months, don't mess around with sachets go to doctor

SheherazadetheGoat Wed 09-Jul-08 15:54:45

cartons of cranberry juice contain alot of sugar which might make the situation worse. you need to avoid acid foods. no alchol, tea, coffee, sugar etc etc.

DazedEmma Wed 09-Jul-08 15:55:14

yes i am, i've not had this at all so far, just started in the last few days

SheherazadetheGoat Wed 09-Jul-08 15:55:17

gosh sw - you really are all seeing all knowing.

LittleMyDancing Wed 09-Jul-08 15:58:10

yes if you're pg definitely go the doctor, it can spread to the kidneys which is not so bad if you're not pg but your kidneys are under a lot of pressure at the moment.

DazedEmma Wed 09-Jul-08 15:59:21

can it make you bloated?

suzywong Wed 09-Jul-08 15:59:44

I am standing on an upturned milk crate outside DazedEmma's kitchen window and I am very good at guessing gestation periods

DazedEmma Wed 09-Jul-08 16:00:05

i;ve made an appt with my dr for tomorrow so will talk to him, just want some pain relief in the mean time really

DazedEmma Wed 09-Jul-08 16:00:53

if you're looking at me you've obviously been very kind cos my bump suggests i should have given birth 2 months ago! haha

SheherazadetheGoat Wed 09-Jul-08 16:03:01

drink plenty of water. not loads cos your wee bladder probably is feeling rather sorry for itself. hopefully doctorwill be able to help. take care nad close the curtains before that stalker gets in.

Kewcumber Wed 09-Jul-08 16:17:27

ah yes if PG then doctor defintely don't self medicate.

But for the record over the counter sachets are very effective often.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now