Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

update on misdee's dh

(81 Posts)
misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 19:00:08

he is still waiting for a bed at harefield. the hospital are working with dr banner as far as i know, and they are trying to see what tests they can do here and what needs doing at harefield. his lungs are good, asnd his cardiologist doesnt belive he ever had pneumonia and is pretty annoyed at other hospital for not getting dh properly checked out, even tho we tried to tell the hospital what is wrong. all dh symptons he has had for the past few months point to heart failure, but did they listento us? errrrr no.

at least now he is getting the care he needs and will soon be at harefield.

miggy Wed 02-Feb-05 19:03:27

Great news that you (well dh) are finally getting the right treatment. Im sure your DH will improve whilst waiting if given right meds.
Best of luck and best wishes

RTKangaMummy Wed 02-Feb-05 19:06:35

hopefully he will be there soon

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 02-Feb-05 19:08:07

good to hear that he's in good hands.

kalex Wed 02-Feb-05 19:12:02

thumbs crossed 4 a bed 4 him (((((hugs))))) to you and LOOK AFTER YOURSELF AS WELL

SoupDragon Wed 02-Feb-05 19:16:34

Hope everything goes well. Thinking of you...

Hulababy Wed 02-Feb-05 19:22:51

Thinking of you all misdee. Hope his bed comes available very soon.

Lucycat Wed 02-Feb-05 19:59:11

Thinking of you all. Take care.

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 20:02:15

one of the other men who was meant to go on monday to harefield went today, so am keeping fingers crossed dh gets a bed this week/early next week now.

apparently harefield sent out appopintment for dh to have emergency assesszment for the 31st jan we never recieved the letter, but his cardiologist did which is why she called him in last week as emergency.

suedonim Wed 02-Feb-05 20:26:45

I hope your dh gets a bed asap, Misdee, and good luck with the tests.

crystaltips Wed 02-Feb-05 20:28:32

thinking of you missdee xx

JanH Wed 02-Feb-05 20:29:32

What will happen at Harefield, misdee? (Sorry, am a bit out of touch with all this.) Will he go on the waiting list for a transplant???

nailpolish Wed 02-Feb-05 20:30:54

misdee i think about how you are all the time, i really hope everything goes well for your dh.

you are keeping it together so well, by the sound of it all xxx

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 20:32:19

janH, hopefully he will be put on the list. they want to assess him and maybe change his meds.

milge Wed 02-Feb-05 20:45:53

Keeping fingers crossed that your dh gets a bed soon.

marj Wed 02-Feb-05 20:46:13

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck. Hope a bed is available really soon. Take care.

JanH Wed 02-Feb-05 20:46:43

Well fingers crossed that he gets there very soon and that they can quickly sort out his meds for now, and that he gets a transplant asap. XXX

Yurtgirl Wed 02-Feb-05 20:54:02

Message withdrawn

Blossomhill Wed 02-Feb-05 21:02:31

Thinking of you and your family misdee. Hugs Blossomhillxxx

mummylonglegs Wed 02-Feb-05 21:18:14

I'm thinking of you too a lot misdee. I also keep thinking how out of the blue this must have all been for you when it started. Did he just have what you thought was flu which went on for a long time? Or was he instantly very ill? I'm still waiting for decent news on my brother. He got ill very quickly, had a fever for a couple of days then next thing we knew he was admitted to hospital. Very frightening. Where do these viruses come from? Why don't more people get them I wonder?

... Full of questions as always I'm afraid ...

Evesmama Wed 02-Feb-05 21:33:54

how awful misdee, your really going through hell arnt you, i hope things start working out
i havent forgot about those disc's but sil hasnt been down again yet as we've been bad.

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 21:41:55

evesmama, dont worry, i got some at cheap at tescos.

mummylonglegs, basically what happened to your brother is similar to dh. he caught what we called 'bagleys flu' as everyone who went clubbing on my birthday that april got ill, and had colds etc but dh couldnt shake it off. we called the gp out several times as he couldnt get upstairs and was being sick, and she said it was his asthma. also called the ambulance out once and they said the same thing, gave him a nebuliser and left. so in the end his mum came over and took him to hospital. she went and looked after just dd1 then (was pregnant with dd2 at the time) and me and dh spent ages in a+e. very fortunate that the doc on callwas cardiologist, who when she saw the chest x-rays knew what it was. we wondered what was going on when about 20+ people crowded round to see his x-ray, and the echo which she performed there and then in a+e cubicle which confirmed DCM.

dh was sent straight to CCU, where all he was allowed to do was move from his bed to chair, was on oxygen, wired upto god knows how many machines, loads of jabs, drips etc. very very scary. but he is looking heaps better these days than what he did back then.

Potty1 Wed 02-Feb-05 21:43:15

Mummylonglegs - sorry to hear about your brother. Sometimes people who get a virus which then attacks the heart have an underlying problem. Maybe a slightly leaky valve or a tiny hole that never caused any problem. Sometimes perfectly healthy people get them. I have a friend who used to run upwards of 40 miles a week, a really fit young woman, she pushed herself when she had a bad cold/flu and it ended up attacking her heart. Thankfully she made a full recovery.

Misdee - glad that the hospital are taking things seriously - you said at the very beginning at this episode that he was in failure didn't you? Our local hospital is just the same though they can't seem to get to grips with heart failure.

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 21:44:38

i did potty1, and i was unfortunatly right. but the hospital here just doesnt listen.

Swilt Thu 03-Feb-05 09:00:52

I admire you Misdee for your strength. Stay positive and take care of yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now