Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

diarrhoea in 20 week old, when should i get worried?

(6 Posts)
fairycakes Tue 01-Feb-05 17:41:16

she was quite badly constipated 2 days ago, and since then went from pooing once a day to yesterday doing 7 fairly runny poos, and today diarrhoea all day, so far on 9 occassions.

apart from that she is well in herself and seems perfectly happy and has no temperature.

she was ill 2 weeks ago, first with a cough then last week had a really bad cold - went off her milk a bit but gradually back on it again now - is bottlefed and has a bit of baby rice in the morning,

any advice? thanks

jessicasmummy Tue 01-Feb-05 17:43:02

as long as she is getting plenty of fluids dont worry. the official advice i was given was to take milk away completely, and give water instead. water after every dirty nappy usually works too. you need to flush it out of her system. HTH

fairycakes Tue 01-Feb-05 17:48:48

thanks, she just refuses water point blank though!! but i will try again

dawnie1 Tue 01-Feb-05 18:13:30

I think it sounds as if she has a mild stomachbug? I think I would take to the Drs to get her checked out - they normally give you energy, high vitamin powder to put into water to give it a nice taste and tell you to keep them off milk and any solids for 24 hours.

dawnie1 Tue 01-Feb-05 18:15:42

my dd wouldn't drink just water but loved the sachet drinks which also had very little/no taste ??

handlemecarefully Wed 02-Feb-05 10:11:42

Use diarolyte straight away to replenish the salts etc she is loosing. I see she is refusing water, but as she gets thirsty she should be less picky. You can always flavour it with blackcurrent cordial.

My 9 month old was recently in hospital after d&v led to dehydration. I hadn't started the diarolyte as soon as I should have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now