Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Molluscum - one huge wart left, do we get it treated or leave it?

(17 Posts)
Orinoco Sat 05-Jul-08 22:38:34

Message withdrawn

streakybacon Sun 06-Jul-08 10:20:24

DS had them a couple of years ago and they all went in the end, even the stragglers. I'd leave it for a few more months before seeing the gp. Ds has no scarring after his.

TrinityRhino Sun 06-Jul-08 10:24:05

dd2 is covered in them and has had to have antiboitics twice when they became infected
I would pay alot of money and time and give stuff away if someone found a cure sad

Orinoco Mon 07-Jul-08 21:20:20

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Mon 07-Jul-08 21:25:50

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Tue 08-Jul-08 11:07:44

Message withdrawn

TrinityRhino Tue 08-Jul-08 11:09:27

how did you get it??
I can't afford private

is that the only way??

thanks for bumping for me smile

the doc has said that nothing can be done

watsthestory Tue 08-Jul-08 11:12:31

Message withdrawn

TrinityRhino Tue 08-Jul-08 11:13:11

thankyou very much for your advice
very kind of you
we will have a good think about it smile

watsthestory Tue 08-Jul-08 11:13:26

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Tue 08-Jul-08 11:13:49

Message withdrawn

Orinoco Tue 08-Jul-08 20:47:54

Message withdrawn

MorocconOil Tue 08-Jul-08 20:57:07

My DD 's got loads on her buttocks and legs. They even bleed, but I thought that was a sign they were on the way out. She's had them for a year now, so surely they'll be gone soon?

ChippyMinton Tue 08-Jul-08 21:03:00

Both my DSs had it and when the big one finally burst that was the end of the molluscum. Can you cover it with a plaster on PE days?
BTW don't squeeze it - it won't 'pop' in a satisfying way, it will hurt and you will resort to trying to prise out the head with tweezers blush.
There is a homeopathic remedy, but no idea if it works.

MorocconOil Tue 08-Jul-08 21:06:54

Thuja is the homeopathic remedy. I used it when my DSs had molluscum. It seemed to work but I think it coincided with the molluscum running it's course.

Ealingkate Tue 15-Sep-09 11:11:02

My 2DDs had this and I got some stuff from the States - Silver cure. Theirs went away very quickly when I used this.

I know it's not cheap ($59) but it is horrible when your LO have it. I would recommend the ointment, I did get a whole pack that had soap, shampoo and a spray but i think the ointment was the stuff that really made a difference. Also it's not harmful to the child, it's perfectly safe even for very little ones.

Check out www.molluscum.com

tulpe Thu 17-Sep-09 12:47:46

DS2 had severe case of molluscum. It affected both sides of his body (which apparently is unusual?). GP said to leave unless infected but could use anti-virals. However, the anti-virals severely deplete immune system and therefore leave them vulnerable to other infections.

Saw our homeopath but cannot remember the exact remedy given. After taking the remedy, they got much worse for about a week and then disappeared completely by the end of the second week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now