Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Teething & body rash?

(6 Posts)
babyOcho Sat 05-Jul-08 14:41:07

I am pretty sure that DD (4mo) is teething. She also has a rash on her body - has anyone else's LO had a body rash whilst teething?

lollipop78 Fri 11-Jul-08 20:20:24

hiya babyocho, ive actually just rang the NHS helpline about my dd, she has developed a rash over her body and blotches on her head, also off her food and really irritable, not sleeping to well either. NHS said rash is prob heat rash as it does disappear when pressed plus ive had her in bed with me the past 2 or 3 nights and shes woke up sweating, also been running a temp on and off. I never heard of teething causing a rash before but think its all connected in some way or another. Just keep an eye on it and if your really worried go to your GP.

lollipop78 Fri 11-Jul-08 20:21:18

NB my dd is 6 months and seems to have been teething forever!!! still no teeth angry!

avenanap Fri 11-Jul-08 20:24:43

To be perfectly honest with you, 4 month old babies shouldn't get a temperature so she really does need to see a doctor, tonight if you can. I have worked in a childrens emergency department, all babies should be seen by a paediatrician. It's not normal for them to get fevers under 6 months because they are protected by their mothers antibiodies.

Have you done the glass test?

sas23 Sat 23-Jul-11 13:19:00

My DS often gets rashes especially on his back which I usually put down to heat rash and as he always seems alright in himself I don't worry too much. I did take him to the doctor when he was only 3 wks old the first time he got a rash where I was made to feel a little foolish 'babies get rashes' was all the doctor said! His first tooth came through two weeks ago and it didn't seem to bother him at all but now another two are on their way and he hasn't been well at all, diarrhea, nappy rash and general whinging and crying more than usual then last night he has a rash all over his torso front and back up to his hair line. It has got worse over night but he seems ok so was going to wait til monday before going to docs rather than make an emergency appt only to be told he's fine. What do you think?

sas23 Sat 23-Jul-11 13:19:29

btw his temp is fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now