Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flora Family Marathon anyone? Share the 26.2 miles between the family!!

(5 Posts)
Mo2 Tue 01-Feb-05 15:07:32

Saw this in out local paper and think it's a great idea to get the whole family out exercising and 'taking part' at the time of the London Marathon....

Basically you register as a family, and then each individual member can 'clock up' miles over the course of 5 weeks before the 'real' marathon, and then on Marathon day (April 17th?) you all run the last bit together and give yourselves a medal!!

I've just signed us up on the website, FloraFamilyMarathon DS1 is going to do a total of 5 miles, and DS2 2 miles (in line with their ages!!! )

Anyone else fancy it? It's only a tenner and you get a hat and a pedometer I think!

Mo2 Tue 01-Feb-05 18:19:44

go on, or are you all a bunch of lazy couch potatoes?????

irishbird Tue 01-Feb-05 18:24:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

doggiewalker Tue 01-Feb-05 18:51:40

Sounds good but definitely a lazy couch potato here. Only exercise I get is walking the dog (several times a day may I add).

Twink Tue 01-Feb-05 22:25:09

Looks great, just realised that there was an ad for it in my FLM mag but I'd missed it.

Might sign my lot up for it, I'm doing FLM but if my mum can be part of the team too it might help keep her focused on her training & stop the rest of them moaning about my running

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now