Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

21 mth old vomiting & Dioriah (spelling?) Help please

(18 Posts)
Nickinha Tue 01-Feb-05 13:12:57

My dd started with cronic diahriah Sunday and sometimes vomits sometimes just does the vomit "contractions"... I have not stopped vomiting and diahriah since yesterday... will it just pass?

nailpolish Tue 01-Feb-05 13:14:04

is she lethargic, is she drinking plenty, or vomiting it back up?

poor you and dd

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 13:14:35

Could be that Gastric flu. If your worried get checked out by your gp or call NHS direct.

Nickinha Tue 01-Feb-05 13:16:30

She is very thirsty, but no fever and no change in behaviour - she is not miserable... Today my body began to ache everywhere - maybe I should look up gastric flu....

nailpolish Tue 01-Feb-05 13:18:12

agree with newbarnsleygirl, gastric flu type thingy.

call nhs direct and they will give you advice

Nickinha Tue 01-Feb-05 13:20:12

Thank you so much - just researched Gastric Flu on the internet and it matches all our symptoms. Will take dd to doctor today.

Nickinha Tue 01-Feb-05 13:20:43

Is it anything to really worry about?

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 13:21:11

Poor you's!
Hope you both feel better soon.

nailpolish Tue 01-Feb-05 13:22:31

if it would ease your mind take her to the dr

Nickinha Tue 01-Feb-05 13:22:35

Thank you newbarnsleygirl - sadly I live in Portugal where there s not NHS service and I always struggle to make the doctors here understand me. Thats why I appreciate you all so much....

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 13:22:55

Not really. Just as long as you keep your fluids up.
DD had something similar a couple of weeks ago and my gp said he's seen alot of toddlers with gastric flu recently.

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 13:23:54

They have got a website.
Lucky you in Portugal!

Nickinha Tue 01-Feb-05 13:33:49

thanx - we have lovely sunny weather here in the Algarve and my baby and I just want to lie in bed - doesnt seem fair does it! LOL

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 13:37:55

Typical!
Is it warm? Seems daft that I'll be booking to go flippin skiing in April!
Must be mad!

Well at least you can go out and get fresh air if you want without turning into an icecube!

Nickinha Tue 01-Feb-05 13:39:52

Put it this way Newbarnsleygirl - we were outside having a BBQ on saturday and the kids were just in their T-shirts! Lovely weather, but cold at night though.

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 13:51:30

Arghhhhh. Jealousy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nickinha Tue 01-Feb-05 13:57:47

Ha ha ha

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 14:10:06

Anyway... Have you managed to get an appointment?
Is dd still eating?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: