Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

White marks on ds lips???

(13 Posts)
Mickj Tue 01-Feb-05 09:14:46

My DS has these little white blister-type marks on his lips. They are not inflamed and there are no other symptoms in his mouth. He is happy and it does not stop him from feeding, but I just can't figure out what they are. It looks like blobs of milk that won't wipe away!

blossom2 Tue 01-Feb-05 09:17:58

could it be thrush??? i was reading an article in a magazine about thrush in babies and one of the symptons is what you've described.

amy be worth calling a doctor. HTH

lockets Tue 01-Feb-05 09:32:16

Message withdrawn

womba1 Tue 01-Feb-05 09:33:55

Mickj... my ds had blisters like this when i was breastfeeding him and according to the midwife, it was a sign that he was latching on correctly and feeding well.Nothing to be concerned about at all...
HTH,
Womba

SarahBee Tue 01-Feb-05 09:39:56

My dd used to get these from sucking too, pale white blisters, not really raised but can cover quite a large area of the lips. I was told they're known as "sucking blisters" and very normal. Thrush causes a more cottage cheesey looking white mark. That sounds pleasant, doesn't it!

Mickj Tue 01-Feb-05 11:27:45

Thank you all for your prompt messages - I am seeing the HV on Thursday anyway - should I maybe see a doctor before - the blisters are top and bottom all across the mouth. When he's sleeping he sucks in his bottom lip and so you cannot see them, but when he's pouting and ready to feed, they are very visible. He is bottle fed, couldn't bf but thats another story. Anyway, what do you think! x

rickman Tue 01-Feb-05 11:30:39

Message withdrawn

Mickj Tue 01-Feb-05 11:32:54

Dad's just had a look, and no, no coating in mouth, just the milky blisters on the lips!

rickman Tue 01-Feb-05 11:33:28

Message withdrawn

rickman Tue 01-Feb-05 11:34:57

Message withdrawn

Mickj Tue 01-Feb-05 11:35:03

Thanks Rickman - no it doesn't look like that - it is not red, just pink and a bit milky and there are no marks on his tongue and he has a good appetite!

rickman Tue 01-Feb-05 11:36:57

Message withdrawn

Mickj Thu 03-Feb-05 07:52:15

Rickman -you were right - I did go to Drs as ds cry sounded a little different like he had a sore throat. Prescribed Nystatin and hopefully it will clear up - so thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now