Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Adult acne?

(6 Posts)
Gobbledigook Mon 31-Jan-05 15:43:28

Has anyone suddenly got this in their 30's?

I got a very small patch when pg with ds3 last year and I put it down to pregnancy hormones and thought it would go away after the birth. Five months on, it's still there and this last week it's got worse and is spreading! At the moment it's just on one cheek but it's spreading upwards towards my eyes and ears and it's a bit scary.

Never had to worry about this before - I've made an appt for docs to see if there is anything I can do but just wondered if anyone else has had this, did it go, was there anything that helped?

TIA!

smellymelly Mon 31-Jan-05 16:00:25

I still suffer with spots, which are much worse when I'm pregnant. I find the Blistex, formally Blisteze(?) works the best. Even though it is meant for your lips.

suedonim Mon 31-Jan-05 16:30:24

I had this in my 30's. A course of a/b's sorted it out. The dr was lovely and said she'd had it as well, which made me feel a lot less freaky!

Gobbledigook Mon 31-Jan-05 17:02:49

Ooh, thanks for that - someone else mentioned antibiotics to me the other day but I thought it sounded a bit of a strange way to treat it - seems not though so I hope I get something on Wed to sort it out - it's starting to stress me out now!

suedonim Mon 31-Jan-05 19:30:36

I think a/b's are a pretty standard treatment, GDG. It's a longer course than usual, 3mths I think I had. But worth it to get rid of the blighters. I didn't have spots as a teenager so having them at 30-something seemed very cruel!

Gobbledigook Mon 31-Jan-05 19:44:40

ditto!

hope so! they are actually itchy and sore too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now