Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

do you think the pill makes you moody?

(9 Posts)
vict17 Thu 27-Jan-05 16:49:49

I'm on microgynm (can't spell), think it's the combined pill (really informed aren't I?!) and just wondered if anyone thinks the pill makes them more moody?

mummytummy Thu 27-Jan-05 16:50:47

I think air makes me moody

twiglett Thu 27-Jan-05 16:53:25

DH makes me moody

purpleturtle Thu 27-Jan-05 16:53:42

Yes!

Is it microgynon? I took that for all of about 6 months when I was first married, and my poor dh didn't know his new wife. Things improved no end when I stopped taking it.

I've tried another combined pill (Celeste, I think), and the mini-pill, but I just don't really seem to get on with them. I was having Depo injections; I think I had 3 or 4, and I think it was a contributory factor in me needing anti-depressants. (There was a lot of other stuff happening for me - I don't think the pill would do that all by itself!)

nutcracker Thu 27-Jan-05 17:00:57

Yes it definatly does with me, and i have had to stop taking it because of that.

I went back on it about 2 mths ago but could tell after a few days that it was effecting my moods. As soon as i stopped i went back to normal (well normalish )

SkiBunnyFlummy Thu 27-Jan-05 17:10:32

Absoloooooootly

And it b*ggers up your libido, ier deletes it

WigWamBam Thu 27-Jan-05 17:39:27

I tried two brands, Logynon and Celeste, and I was a moody cow on both of them.

jessicasmummy Thu 27-Jan-05 17:42:15

microgynen was the WORST! now i am officially ttc, i dont have that problem anymore!!!!

vict17 Thu 27-Jan-05 17:45:53

thank goodness it's not just me. Dh doesn't know what's hit him because I'm ecstatic one minute and yelling at him the next!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now