Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

pre-pregnancy stomach

(8 Posts)
biglips Thu 27-Jan-05 09:34:45

i was lying in bed last night and i had a little pain in my stomach coz im due on but it freaked me out abit as i pressing down my stomach side way i could feel a 'bag' inside my belly, is that where the baba used to be or am i fat? **im a firt time mum and baba is 16 weeks old)

biglips Thu 27-Jan-05 10:37:45

also i had a c-section, do i need to tone up my stomach or leave it for a bit?

suzywong Thu 27-Jan-05 10:48:40

hi biglips

C sections slice you in two basically, cutting through muscle and nerves and it takes months for the nerves to knit back together again which is why your abdomen feels funny.

I had 2 within 28 months of each other and felt the sensations you are feeling for about a year after, infact until I started to do some gentle abs exercises.

Your baby is about 4 months I think, that is a good time to start doing some toning up.

Pelvic tilts are good and not strenuos; Lie on your back and put your hand on your hips and then make a very small but controlled movement to squeeze your buttocks togerher and raise your pelvis slightly, brining it not very much off the floor, you can feel your lower abs tightening as you do this, do about 20.

Another one as is a simple exercise in which you stand straight with your spine aligned and draw yourself up to your full height and drop your shoulders. Now step forward with one leg and bend it putting most of your weight on that leg. Then raise your arms above your head as you breath in and clasp your hands together. Now as you breath out lower your arms straight out in front of you to shoulder height and pull your stomach muscles in and up tightly. When your breath is finished repeat this three times more and then change legs and do it four times.

HTH

There are some very good websites about regaining strenght after C section

biglips Thu 27-Jan-05 11:38:23

thanks suzy

ive been doing the abs excercises so it will take a while before the 'bag' will go away.. i will do those excercises right away

suzywong Thu 27-Jan-05 11:47:05

I tell you something, the over hanging skin never goes away really, just look on it as a sign of Divine Motherhood and fertility, at least that's what I tried to tell myself in the changing rooms today when I was trying on clothes

The standing up exercise is really good for over all posture too

biglips Thu 27-Jan-05 17:36:32

bump

biglips Thu 27-Jan-05 20:08:44

bumpity bump

wilbur Thu 27-Jan-05 20:24:59

I still have a good c-section flub 4 years later - the rest of my stomach is not too bad, pot-belly-wise, but the little flub over the scar, I don't think that ever goes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: