Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Argh Nits!!!!!!!!!!!!

(12 Posts)
Blossomhill Wed 26-Jan-05 20:30:08

Ds had nits (hardly any) a few weeks ago. I treated him and he has been clear although I have still been combing through. His friend's mum rang to say that her son had nits and loads. Anyway have ben combing ds's hair through and it has been clear,until today. I found 2 eggs. I was searching for over half an hour as I thought where is the nit, no sign. I even put baby oil in to be double sure.
Is there anyway you have eggs with no nits, it doesn't make sense! Ds definitely doesn't have any though.

happymerryberries Wed 26-Jan-05 20:31:37

Dd has them again! 4th time now and we are getting old hands. Mind you one pinged off the nit comb and landed in my glass of wine last night

Blossomhill Wed 26-Jan-05 20:33:29

hmb
I hate the bloody things.
They are of no purpose, just like slugs (another pet hate of mine atm )

Caligula Wed 26-Jan-05 20:37:19

No, I'm sure slugs must have some horticultural purpose!

Unlike bloody nits!

(I spent 2 hours bug-busting today - we are now a nit free household - for five minutes!)

happymerryberries Wed 26-Jan-05 20:46:05

I get a horrid pleaseure in getting the little suckers! Mind you I'm just a sicko, I like squeezing zits as well

Blossomhill Wed 26-Jan-05 20:58:11

But..... Can you have eggs without fleas. The only thing I can think of is that they are from before. I have combed his hair through so many times though and as he has short hair it doesn't seem possible. Where is the little bugger!!!

Avalon Wed 26-Jan-05 21:02:11

Slugs exist to eat rotting vegetation. Nits - good for nothing!

Blossomhill Thu 27-Jan-05 11:02:28

Please can someone tell me how ds had eggs and no nits??? I don't get it!

triceratops Thu 27-Jan-05 11:04:33

Maybe the mummy nit fell off

LIZS Thu 27-Jan-05 11:04:56

Could it have moved ^on ^ ?

Mothernature Thu 27-Jan-05 11:07:39

What are head lice and nits?
Head lice are very small insects which live on the scalp of human beings. They are few millimetres in length and are a light brown colour. They don't live on animals.
The lice feed by sucking blood from your scalp. They lay eggs, called nits , which they stick to the shafts of your hair with a very strong glue. The eggs are dull grey, and are fastened to the hair very close to the scalp, so they are kept nice and warm. After about 7 days, the eggs hatch, and new lice are released. Two weeks later, the new lice are fully grown, and start laying eggs. Very soon hundreds of lice can be living on your scalp.
Hatched eggs remain attached to your hair for some time. The hatched egg is white, and can be seen as a small white blob stuck to a hair, about an inch away from the scalp.

You maybe didn't see them first time round...

Blossomhill Thu 27-Jan-05 11:10:54

Honestly poor ds's scalp is red raw where I combed and combed. Bearing in mind he doesn't have a lot of hair. I even put baby oil in to be 100% sure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now