Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

stinky bums

(15 Posts)
lowcalCOD Wed 26-Jan-05 18:10:42

how come I got thorugh phases of haeving a rather personal problem re smells?
then it all passes?
any remedies?
todays onion tart wont help admittedly

iota Wed 26-Jan-05 18:14:55

I recommend french onion soup - that'll put you right and it's low cal too

jangly Wed 26-Jan-05 19:04:25

Noises are worse than smells!

lowcalCOD Wed 26-Jan-05 20:14:31

no its smell
and I have been really good on my diet!

ninja Wed 26-Jan-05 20:28:55

I was going to post here - but how would it look to be on both the incontinent and smelly threads at the same time, so I think I'll give it a miss!

happymerryberries Wed 26-Jan-05 20:30:13

Whatever you do, don't do as I once did, and eat a head of baked elephant garlic. It tasted great but I had the most awful stink every time I had a dump for days!

zubb Wed 26-Jan-05 20:31:07

is it a sign that things are being digested really slowly? - have you eaten a lot of meat / protein recently?

Mo2 Wed 26-Jan-05 21:43:00

You're not eating a lot of food with sweeteners in are you? They can cause gas & smells!

jangly Wed 26-Jan-05 23:06:48

This site gives a menu (for days when you have to be in court) scroll down the page

acer Wed 26-Jan-05 23:08:47

i have had a stinky bum since having kids, god so embarrasing!!!!!!!!

open Wed 26-Jan-05 23:09:14

IME, don't eat a vast amount of cabbage. The people around you will regret it.

lowcalCOD Thu 27-Jan-05 14:20:14

so it may be the sweetner in diet coke?

lowcalCOD Thu 27-Jan-05 14:21:43

"There is little scientific data available to answer this question. Experience, however, tells us that beans (all types), milk, and milk products may be the worst offenders in causing gas. Other troublesome foods include onions, celery, carrots, raisins, apricots, prune juice, wheat products, and Brussels sprouts. "

fromt that site
hhm ama eating los of veg on my diet

jangly Thu 27-Jan-05 17:50:54

Coddy - you said on the diet thread that you have porridge for breakfast - could be the oats! I know it doesn't say it on that website, but going on experience...! Try probiotic drinks - 2 a day.

lowcalCOD Thu 27-Jan-05 18:29:05

I tried them - thionk theya re to high cal
it s worse itn the evenings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now