Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

childrens vitamins

(7 Posts)
bonniej Wed 26-Jan-05 11:34:08

my dd is 19 months and starting to become a bit of a fussy eater. She's not eating as much fruit and veg as I would like so I have bought some vitamin drops today. Does anyone know if these are beneficial? They come with a syringe that you're supposed to squirt in their mouths but she wouldn't open (suprise suprise!) I just put the dose on a teaspoon and gave it to her that way. Would it be ok just to put them in her drink? any advice please. sorry if i sound stupid but have never used these before

expatinscotland Wed 26-Jan-05 11:37:01

We give our 19 month old a vit supplement as well. The one I buy is called 'Floravital' and I mix it up in her juice/water cup. It takes like Ribena, so she drinks it right up. I've noticed a lot of improvement in her development since she started taking the vits. She, too, is VERY fussy abuot what she eats and cutting the last of her molars doesn't help.

bonniej Wed 26-Jan-05 11:40:44

thanks for the reply, these ones are called Abidec, really didn't know which ones to pick but did want ones that I could just add to her drink. The syringe thing might be ok for a baby but not for an independant toddler. can't see why i can't just pop them in her juice instead of giving seperately as she wasn't over keen on the taste!

expatinscotland Wed 26-Jan-05 12:00:29

If Aillidh even sees a syringe she thinks it's medicine and automatically runs away. If it's already liquid it shouldn't be a problem just to pop it in her drink.

Tommy Wed 26-Jan-05 12:03:56

I've just started giving abidec to my DS - I put them in his morning milk - that way I know he'll drink it all.

amynnixmum Wed 26-Jan-05 12:07:46

I used abidec with both mine and I mixed it with their milk as they wouldn't take it otherwise. Used it from fairly early on and both children are quite healthy and lively.

bonniej Wed 26-Jan-05 12:22:01

thanks very much for the replies, I thought it'd be okay just to pop it in her drink but just wanted to check

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now