Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

another question about periods

(14 Posts)
Beansmum Tue 25-Jan-05 11:51:13

I know this is on here somewhere but my computer is sooooo slow today, cant search properly.

Is it normal to get your periods back before you stop breastfeeding? I feel all pre menstrual today if you know what mean.

HappyMumof2 Tue 25-Jan-05 12:22:35

Message withdrawn

nailpolish Tue 25-Jan-05 12:23:49

mine did beansmum

i fed dd1 for 6 mths and i get my periods back after 3 mths

LIZS Tue 25-Jan-05 12:24:23

'Fraid so. Got one at 6 weeks, 8/9 weeks and then 5 months pp with ds. Regular after that but bf until he was about16 months old.

PicadillyCircus Tue 25-Jan-05 12:26:51

I think anything is normal.

For me, I had stopped bf completely before they came back. Another person I know had periods from 4 weeks after the birth (and she was bf exclusively).

Beansmum Tue 25-Jan-05 12:28:36

ds is 8 months and only feeds morning, afternoon and bedtime now so I suppose my hormones will have changed. great. I can't wait. OMG I'm so grumpy today! And sore boobs and headachey. I wish I was pg and could have another year off periods.

bundle Tue 25-Jan-05 12:29:36

i got mine back at 9 months both times, even though i was still breastfeeding (exclusively for 5 or 6 mths)

nailpolish Tue 25-Jan-05 12:31:23

periods are a total nuisance. i cant believe the price of tampax, to be honest, they have become v dear since i last had one (last jan!)

its probably cheaper to have another baby!

Socci Tue 25-Jan-05 12:31:52

Message withdrawn

Socci Tue 25-Jan-05 12:32:52

Message withdrawn

yoyo Tue 25-Jan-05 12:34:21

Mine returned after 3 months with DD1, 9 months with DD2 and 3 months with DS. Mixed fed DD1 but the others were exclusively breastfed.

Everyone is very different with this one. A friend didn't have a period for 4 years after conceiving 2 children and then breastfeeding. How I envied her!

Beansmum Tue 25-Jan-05 12:41:16

nailpolish - I'd totally forgotten that I'll have to buy tampax! Will get my credit card ready.

babyfettle Tue 25-Jan-05 13:40:37

Mine came back when DD was nearly 5 months. I had started to wean her (I know earlier than recommended, but she was waking 4 times a night starving). She refused a bottle until she was 8 months, so I was still feeding her myself (still am, but only once a day now and she is 10 months - very proud!). I only used to have my periods every 8-12 weeks before I was pregnant, now they are every 28 days like clockwork!

Can't believe I spent all those trips to the doctors to find out why I only had 4 periods a year, when I'm on course for 13 this year! Need to get pregnant again quickly - shame DH is at work! But at least he is earning to pay for the Tampax!

Socci Wed 18-May-05 20:57:11

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now