Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I worry about dd's weight?

(19 Posts)
dinny Mon 24-Jan-05 20:54:11

DD is 99cm tall, 2 years and 8 months and weighs 18 k (3 stone). She has a healthy appetite, enjoys her (healthy, homemade) meals, is very active (and beautiful, wonderful of course!). She has fruit/rice`cakes for snacks and the odd treat now and again. Cup of semi skimmed milk morning and evening.
I was a bit shocked when had her weighed recently but Hv says she is following the centile line she's been on since birth. Me and my sister were both tall and solid when younger and are now pretty slim (well, I am when not a post-preg heifer }
Should I try and watch dd's diet/cut down on certain things? Any similar experiences? Don't know what I should do now.

misdee Mon 24-Jan-05 20:56:57

have you got my dd2 there?

she is 2yrs and 4months, weighs 40lb ish, is about 1metre tall. always been big. i did worry for a while, especially as she was just growing and growing, and not slowing down, but the only probs i have now is people thinking she is older, and the fact that its hard to find a suitable car seat for her, and buggies.

wheresmyfroggy Mon 24-Jan-05 20:58:06

Bump

and she is the "politest little girl" I have ever met dinny

dinny Mon 24-Jan-05 21:05:18

Hi Misdee, that's reassuring. Am asking really cos sil has put the wind up me saying I am right to worry and she is too heavy for her age.

Hi WMF! Aw, thanks. She though you were great. So did me and ds!

dinny Mon 24-Jan-05 21:05:18

Hi Misdee, that's reassuring. Am asking really cos sil has put the wind up me saying I am right to worry and she is too heavy for her age.

dinny Mon 24-Jan-05 21:05:20

dinny Mon 24-Jan-05 21:05:39

whoops

dinny Mon 24-Jan-05 21:05:53

too much vino

lockets Mon 24-Jan-05 21:37:56

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Mon 24-Jan-05 21:39:31

Um, I don't understand why you'd worry about your dd. I think you'd be better off worrying about your SIL!

Seriously, if your dd was a boy, would you be worried about her being bigger than average? She sounds healthy and lovely, and nothing to worry about.

dinny Mon 24-Jan-05 21:43:15

sil's little girl is v tiny. so is sil.

I prob wouldn't worry if dd was a ds. I was a large child and often upset at being called large/well-built etc.

misdee Mon 24-Jan-05 22:01:58

the thing i noticed with dd2, is over the last few months she has gained in height and not weight, so she is looking slimmer. she is a well built child, and lovely.

try not to worry, and tell SIL where to shove her opinion.

dd2 was above all weight/height charts for ages. she is only just back on height chart, and still above for weight.

sparklymieow Mon 24-Jan-05 22:03:44

My dd2 is a whole year older than Misdees Dd2 and her Dd2 is taller and bigger than my DD2, its quite strange to see, but we love them both...

misdee Mon 24-Jan-05 22:04:48

your dd is just dinky mieow!!!

dd2 is almost the same height as her almost 5yr old sister. they weight about the same (think there is about a half pound difference)

sparklymieow Mon 24-Jan-05 22:06:35

My Dd2 was weighed last week and she weighs 29lb (she is 3) and Misdees (almost put your real name then, misdee) dd2 is 40lb.

dinny Mon 24-Jan-05 22:06:59

dd is just under a metre tall, that is tall for her age....think she is about the height of a 4yo. fwiw I think she looks in proportion (and 2-3 yo clothes fit well). bloody sil

misdee Mon 24-Jan-05 22:07:44

i mainly buy 3-4, 4-5yr old clothes for dd2. means she can share with her sister lol.

lockets Mon 24-Jan-05 22:09:58

Message withdrawn

dinny Tue 25-Jan-05 19:51:31

bump - any other similar chunkies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now