Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can someone please tell me what is CELLULITUS IN THE EYE?

(11 Posts)
Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 13:57:41

Just taken dd to emergency clinic as she lost her balance completely this morning. The Dr has said she has Larengitus, conjuctivites and CELLULITUS??? She said that it's a bad infection she's got and I know what conjuctivitus is but Celluiltus? I thought that was fat you got on your legs and bum!
Also she's recommended to take her to an eye clinic as she has had a few infections since she was born in the same eye but she's only 15 months old. What could the eye clinic do for her and is she old enough to go?

Apologies on the spelling!

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 14:06:27

Anyone?

spacedonkey Sat 22-Jan-05 14:06:52

sorry NBG, i've never heard of it! hope your dd is feeling better soon

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 14:08:55

I'm not talking to you because your going to Italy!!

I've sent you another e-mail BTW.

Frizbe Sat 22-Jan-05 14:08:57

sorry don't know, we have pharangitis and conjunctivitus, so you have my sympathies {{hugs}} see you on here at 3am ish....and bump!

edam Sat 22-Jan-05 14:10:21

Cellulite is the dimpled fat you see on your thighs... cellulitis is a medical condition usually caused by an infection. It's when the cell walls break down so you get a lot of fluid under the surface of the skin - or I guess in this case eyelid?

I had cellulitis in my ankle following an insect bite - my ankle was swollen, red and unbearably itchy. You could see there was fluid under the skin.

Do take her to the eye clinic. I imagine they'll prescribe antibiotics which should clear it up. Cellulitis does need treatment so please, do go to the clinic.

HTH

jampots Sat 22-Jan-05 14:10:50

cellulitis hope dd is better soon xx

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 14:10:52

Thanks for the spelling corrections anyway Frizbe! And 3am!!! I hope not!

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 14:19:25

Thank you Jampots and Edam. That info was interesting. When DD was born her right eye was swollen and it took a few weeks for it to go down. The nurses, midwife, Dr's and HV said that it will have been caused from coming down the birth canal and could have simply caught her eye with her hand. Anyway she had no treatment for it despite my nagging and she's had plenty of eye infections. All in the same eye!
I can't help but think that all them infections can't be good for her eye.

Newbarnsleygirl Sun 23-Jan-05 00:21:47

I think you might be right with the 3am comment Frizbe. DD went to bed at 7 and has woke up every 20 mins since!!!

Frizbe Sun 23-Jan-05 21:10:08

oh no, hugs to you, hope you have a better night tonight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now