Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Preschool injections help please...

(14 Posts)
charliecat Thu 20-Jan-05 15:52:57

I have an appointment for my dd(4) tommorow. Is this the appointment where they get a jab in each arm and the sugar thingy?
Ta

doggiewalker Thu 20-Jan-05 15:54:22

Its probably the mmr booster (which I chose not to give to my two ds's) and the dpt and polio.

I opted for mine to just have the dpt and polio.

foxinsocks Thu 20-Jan-05 15:57:34

we are having this on Monday. Have been told it's one jab (think it's called repevax) of dtp+polio and one jab of MMR booster (which we don't need as we've had it already).

charliecat Thu 20-Jan-05 15:57:42

Thats what I thought and thats what im planning to do too. Thank You!

charliecat Thu 20-Jan-05 15:59:23

OMG they are mixing more things together? FFS thats a bit daft isnt it? AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
I have already cancelled this appointment 3x and id finally got my head round taking her for the everything but the MMR...ARRGGGHHHHH

foxinsocks Thu 20-Jan-05 16:00:49

It's 2 separate jabs....one for the dtp+polio and one for the MMR. Sorry if my post confused you!

doggiewalker Thu 20-Jan-05 16:01:13

My reasons for not letting them have the mmr booster were, that after doing a bit of research, the mmr booster is only to catch the 5% of children who did not get immunity from the first time around, so we decided against.

charliecat Thu 20-Jan-05 16:01:29

Yep got that...so where did the sugar cube come into it...thought that was on the cube?

charliecat Thu 20-Jan-05 16:01:43

polio..i mean

foxinsocks Thu 20-Jan-05 16:02:47

I don't think they do it like that anymore (the sugar cube I mean)

charliecat Thu 20-Jan-05 16:03:28

oh god ok....ta!

Jimjams Thu 20-Jan-05 19:38:59

sugar cube was for the live polio. Now they use dead polio- its in the jab. no more sugar cubes (strange as thats an early childhood memory for me!)

charliecat Thu 20-Jan-05 19:41:13

Me too JJ!

charliecat Fri 21-Jan-05 11:21:46

Nurse didnt blink when I said can i just have the one thats not the MMR please and dd watched and didnt sigh scream take a deep breath or anything. Glad its all over now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now