Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dh wants to go out........

(12 Posts)
misdee Thu 20-Jan-05 14:23:58

but his mum is telling him he cant. i know she mneans well as he is recovering and weak, but i am worried dh will become very depressed if stuck inside for much longer. Since dec 14th the only places he has been is home, hospital and his parents place on xmas day and new years day. he really wants to get out and drive somewhere but due to his meds sometimes making him woozey he cant. i need to find my L plates so if that happens i can take over.

is dh being silly in wanting to go out?

vict17 Thu 20-Jan-05 14:24:51

could his mum take him somewhere perhaps?

misdee Thu 20-Jan-05 14:27:08

she offered to take him to pick up dd1 from school (i am housebound today due to cold). but he wants to 'do' something.

might plan something for tomorrow.

vict17 Thu 20-Jan-05 14:30:50

that's a good idea. What about going out for a pub lunch?

misdee Thu 20-Jan-05 14:32:08

he isnt eating much still, and still vomits a bit, so dont think lunch would be an option. he says he just wants to 'do' something but doesnt know what. men eh!!

PrettyCandles Thu 20-Jan-05 14:32:40

Of course he needs to go out, even if only to walk next to you while you push the buggy to the post box! The poor bloke must be going stir-crazy. My dad had heart-surgery in November, and the surgeon said that as part of his recovery he must regularly go out-of-doors after a week had passed and get 'a change of scene'.

He had blood-pressure problems since Christmas, and last week the dr said that it was because he wasn't going for an outdoor walk often enough. He started walking out-of-doors again every day and the bp dropped.

misdee Thu 20-Jan-05 14:34:21

gonna get him to walk the dog with me later.

dawnie1 Thu 20-Jan-05 14:53:08

Would his mum look after the kids while you and he go to the cinema or go while they are at school? A nice quiet matinee performance,is that possible?

misdee Thu 20-Jan-05 22:26:51

i had to leave him at home with dd2 today as i had to go to hospital to get my blood rpessure checked and they wqere talking about keeping me in. thanks goodness they let me out, i dont know if i could relax knowing dh is still ill and with the kids at home.

anyway, we are planning a short trip out tomorrow, dd1 is sorted for lifts to/from school so it'll just be me, dh and dd2 and we will take it easy. he says he has to get out and about as he is meant to be at a green day gig on monday.

Potty1 Thu 20-Jan-05 22:53:29

Misdee - I hope you manage to get out and about tomorrow. It must be very isolating for your dh.....it'll do him the world of good. But don't overdo it Mr misdee!!

A bit of light exercise, even just getting in and out of the car might help shift a bit of fluid misdee.....is that still a problem?

misdee Thu 20-Jan-05 22:54:43

yeah. they are gonna clear up al lthe pneumonia first in case this is an effect of that as well, then if fluid retention carries on he may have to be admitted for monitoring.

sallystrawberry Thu 20-Jan-05 23:08:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now