Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds2 has salmonella

(10 Posts)
lou33 Thu 20-Jan-05 10:10:47

And a suspected broken foot

lowcalCOD Thu 20-Jan-05 10:11:27

ppor you"! god is he pooing for britain?
I had campalybacter and I tell you it wa awful - have you wet wipes for him how di he break his hoof>

marthamoo Thu 20-Jan-05 10:12:58

Oh poor little mite Salmonella is really nasty. What are they doing for him?

weightwatchingwaterwitch Thu 20-Jan-05 10:14:45

Oh no, Lou, I had it when I was pregnant with dd (dp did too, it was gross for both of us) and it's not funny is it? Poor love, hope he fights it off quickly.

lou33 Thu 20-Jan-05 10:16:01

Funny enough he isnt pooing that badly, but it stinks and his tummy hurts. Sent a stool sample off last week and the doc called yesterday afternoon. We will be getting a call from the public health dept apparently. Dodgy stall in thailand made me ill and ds must have picked it up there as well, he ate a bit of what i ahd but not as much.

Broken hoof was on the beach in thailand chasing puppies. He was crawling after one of them and somehow got his leg caught and put all his weight on his foot which was twisted under him. Screamed the place down, and that was about 4 weeks ago. Still hurting, doc says another couple of weeks. Not weightbearing.

lou33 Thu 20-Jan-05 10:16:45

the doc said if he looks ok then dont do anything.

lowcalCOD Thu 20-Jan-05 10:21:22

ah now we had a phone call form public health before I got back f orm t he drs!

they ask you if you get milk delivered, where you ate out etc

most of these things ( yours excluded natch) are from bad hygeine int eh home! shudder, I was a student att he time!

lou33 Thu 20-Jan-05 10:28:54

we got it from a dodgy pancake stall after the tsunami. There weren't many places to eat for a bit. Am convinced i had it in thailand as i was v ill for a few days then just felt rubbish for a few more. Coconut pancake.

marthamoo Thu 20-Jan-05 10:32:11

Pancake presumably made with eggs? Could well be.

lou33 Thu 20-Jan-05 10:41:49

yes exactly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now