Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

embarrassing - discharge mid-cycle

(5 Posts)
bagpussmice Thu 20-Jan-05 08:21:35

Since the birth of my second dd who is now 15 months old I've had a sticky egg-white kind of discharge nearly every cycle, about 2-3 days after bleeding has stopped...
It isn't smelly (sorry for the detail)but goes on for a few days, 4-5.
Does anyone else have this or know what it might be? Should I be worried or go to the doctors?

rebeccaNCTteacher Thu 20-Jan-05 08:29:21

Hi there,

AFAIK this discharge is normally associated with ovulation. If you are on a hormonal contraceptive and shouldn't be ovulating then I suggest going to see the Dr.

It could be that you are more aware of your body since you had your children and simply haven't noticed it before.

If you are still concerned I would just pop along to your Dr - or even family planning clinic?

HTH
Becky

FairyMum Thu 20-Jan-05 08:30:06

Sounds like ovulation?

bagpussmice Thu 20-Jan-05 08:47:42

I did think it may be ovulation, however, I never noticed it before and I was desperately trying to get pregnant for years...
It would be ironic that now I am 40 and had 2 children I am more fertile than ever!

Nimme Thu 20-Jan-05 08:51:28

Ditto to ovulation. I tended to avoid sex at that time as I thought it wasn't very nice. Ironically I was trying to get pg!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now