Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sickness in hospital - please tell me it wasn't us.

(8 Posts)
essbee Wed 19-Jan-05 02:14:10

Message withdrawn

singsong Wed 19-Jan-05 09:55:23

I hope you are not blaming yourself for this??? Unfortunately the spread of infectious diseases in hospital is all too common. One way to minimise this is for all staff to wash hands between patients (obvious to say I know, but its not always done ) and also visitors should be advised to wash hands on entering and leaving the ward. At our hospital there are signs asking visitors to wash hands but many people don’t bother. Even with those precautions though, having all those sick people in close proximity in a well heated and often poorly ventilated area is asking for spread of bugs. Ironic isn’t it that hospital can be the best place to be if you’re poorly but also the worst IMO.

SoupDragon Wed 19-Jan-05 09:56:25

Of course it's your fault.

Marina Wed 19-Jan-05 10:00:26

Absolutely your fault essbee - you and half the home counties! Why on earth didn't you bring a full range of cleaning supplies with you to compensate for the inadequacy of the cleaning contractors!
Can we have details of your family's planned movements for the next month please, "Typhoid Mary", so we know where not to go

littlemissbossy Wed 19-Jan-05 10:04:09

essbee, of course it's not your fault, it's just the state of the hospitals that cause all the infection to build up like this
BTW LOL at Marina "Typhoid Mary"!!

SoupDragon Wed 19-Jan-05 10:24:13

Don't let her off that easily LMB. She is the proverbial plague dog and should never have taken her vomiting child to hospital. What an inconsiderate thing to do. Ba! <<stomps off fuming>>

batters Wed 19-Jan-05 10:34:18

Marina and Soupdragon, you have both made me laugh out loud!

essbee Wed 19-Jan-05 14:52:14

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now