Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

single vaccine and egg allergy

(6 Posts)
valentine Tue 18-Jan-05 19:18:54

Is it safe to give my ds single vaccines instead of the MMR given that he has an egg allergy?

singsong Wed 19-Jan-05 09:57:53

You should check with the health professional who you are planning on getting the vaccine from, they can check the ingredients of the vaccine and should be able to advise you whether it is safe to go ahead

valentine Wed 19-Jan-05 10:30:24

One of the reasons i ask is because i have heard there is a link between autism and allergies...does anyone know anything about this?

singsong Wed 19-Jan-05 10:47:49

I’m not sure about that, maybe if you contact these people they might be able to give you more info.

KathH Wed 19-Jan-05 11:03:26

i think there is a link between some vacines (am not sure which) and egg allergy because i noticed on the appt card for the 2, 3 & 4 month 5 in 1 it mentions about egg allergy.

Barbaloot Wed 19-Jan-05 20:40:50

Not sure about single vaccines, but ds had MMR under supervision in hospital due to egg allergy. Went OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now