Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just been prescribed Lustral/Sertraline ....

(6 Posts)
Carla Mon 17-Jan-05 14:22:04

... anyone with any experience of this? Never had ADs before so grateful for any advice. TIA XXX Carla

mumtochloe Mon 17-Jan-05 14:32:58

Same here Carla! Am waiting with baited breath for any responses....
What was your prescription for? Mine is for anxiety and a phobia

Merlin Mon 17-Jan-05 15:18:48

Hi Carla and MumtoChloe I have taken Lustral 2 or 3 times during the last 4 years since DS was born. It worked very well for me, once I realised that I had to take it for a while before it worked and also not to just stop dead taking it - you need to reduce the dosage slowly. As I'm expecting no2 early April, hoping I'm not going to need it again, but at least I can recognise PND symptoms now! Good luck both of and you and hope you are feeling better soon - it will happen!!

mumbojumbo Mon 17-Jan-05 15:22:14

I'm taking Lustral for PND. I was prescribed it as I'm still breastfeeding ds2 (13 months). Been on it for about 3 months now. I think its working! Am on the waiting list for the local PND support group.

Found this info which you may find useful:

medlineplus

Carla Mon 17-Jan-05 15:57:37

Hi! Thanks for all your responses - have just got back from the school run - I can drive again!!! Yippeee!!!!

Mine's for depression. MTC did you get yours today or have you been taking it for a while? Mine's 50mg and I'm to start off with one at night, gradually rising to three. How about you?

Merlin, so glad it worked for you and everything crossed for second time round.

Mumbo, thanks for that link, will have a mooch after post school nagging

SPARKLER1 Mon 17-Jan-05 16:02:55

I took Sertraline for a short period - think it may have helped a bit but don't remember it helping a great deal. Came off it after a few months of taking. Two years off it and I'm still not right - have just started a different AD this week.
Hope you feel better soon. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now