Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My Tummy Hurts!

(11 Posts)
kid Sun 16-Jan-05 17:41:50

I need to get better quickly! I had a bit of an upset stomach earlier today but now I have really bad pains shooting all around my stomach and my chest. I had dinner at my in-laws but I know they didn't poison me as I was already ill before I went!
Is there something I can drink or eat to settle it down or at least get rid of the pain?
I've got a pile of ironing I have to do plus work in the morning. HELP!

colditzmum Sun 16-Jan-05 17:43:41

Kneel down, then curl over so your elbows are on the floor. Or try to burp. It really sounds like trapped wind

kid Sun 16-Jan-05 17:45:32

I tried sitting on the chair and curling up and it feels like I am going to be sick
I hate feeling ill, I am a big wimp!
At least DH is bathing the kids for me!

Flossam Sun 16-Jan-05 17:48:14

wind/indegestion? Try andrews or tums, something like that?

colditzmum Sun 16-Jan-05 17:49:25

I don't think you should be doing any ironing, I would debate going to work too.

kid Sun 16-Jan-05 19:43:30

I'd love to take the day off work, but I only work 2-3 days per week and I was off 3 days last week! I'd feel really bad if I didn't go in again, but these things can't be helped! Just finished all the ironing, glad thats out of the way. Don't have any andrews, I'll just try drinking lots of water I think.

lilsmum Sun 16-Jan-05 19:46:43

milk of magnesia??? never had it myself and is supposed to taste gross, but thats for upset stomachs

hope u feel better soon, theres nothing worse than tummy ache!!! xx

KateandtheGirls Sun 16-Jan-05 19:52:43

Poor you! Feeling any better yet?

I think colditzmum was describing child's pose. Great for digestion problems.

colditzmum Sun 16-Jan-05 22:23:45

kateandthegirls I had no idea there was actually a yoga pose that helps digestive problems, it was lucky chance that when I was younger I suffered a lot from trapped wind, and this position just happened to help it "pass through"

huggybear Sun 16-Jan-05 22:30:11

I get this every night, usually about 9.30pm. The doctor thought that i could have developed a mild intolerence to something but to be honest, your thoughts about it sound more reasonable.

kid Mon 17-Jan-05 07:03:38

Feeling fine this morning so off to work for me in a couple of hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now