Talk

Advanced search

Got flu again and still taking penicillin from last bout :-(

(11 Posts)
ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 16:29:52

Gutted. Only on mumsnet cos I am so bored of lying in bed, moaning. I feel dreadful. How can I have flu again so soon? I last came down with it on the bank holiday after New Years Eve and it left with a bad cold that's still lingering, well congection more than a cold. Then yesterday started to feel weird again and yoday, feel hot, glands are up, all my muscles ache etc. Gutted, it's not fair

RTKangaMummy Sat 15-Jan-05 17:01:55

A guy on GMTV last week said to take vitamin C tablets every 2 hours when starting cold and it will help make it shorter.

No idea whether it will work with flu

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 17:07:12

I'm taking Accinecia tablets, cod liver oil, foilic acid, well women capsules!!! Have had some berrocca, the penicillin and cold and flu beechams tablets .

Will go and see if I have any vit c to add to all that.

Maybe I'm poisened by all the vitamins and this isn't flu at all!

RTKangaMummy Sat 15-Jan-05 17:10:31

you will rattle if you jump

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 17:15:34

I know! Just found one a day vit c tablets so took 1 with 2 more nerofen!

Socci Sat 15-Jan-05 17:31:25

Message withdrawn

CountessDracula Sat 15-Jan-05 17:40:50

TC I have just had 2 horrible colds in a row and am starting a third. I think it has something to do with the germ-carrying monsters that are our toddlers!

Hope you feel better soon xx

(ps antibiotics won't do anything for Flu, it's viral not bacterial)

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 19:08:18

Thanks CD. That's what I thought when prescribed them and exactly why I don't like going to the doctors. So is there anything you can take for flu, other than paracetamol? hope you feel better soon too.

Frizbe Sat 15-Jan-05 19:16:21

get some extra Zinc down you also, works a treat, all the cold remidies State side have it as an added extra, gawd knows why they don't over here?

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 21:31:58

Thank you. My vit c tablets come with added zinc so will keep on with those.

ThomCat Mon 17-Jan-05 17:18:33

Doctor said it's tonsilitis

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: