Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Got flu again and still taking penicillin from last bout :-(

(11 Posts)
ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 16:29:52

Gutted. Only on mumsnet cos I am so bored of lying in bed, moaning. I feel dreadful. How can I have flu again so soon? I last came down with it on the bank holiday after New Years Eve and it left with a bad cold that's still lingering, well congection more than a cold. Then yesterday started to feel weird again and yoday, feel hot, glands are up, all my muscles ache etc. Gutted, it's not fair

RTKangaMummy Sat 15-Jan-05 17:01:55

A guy on GMTV last week said to take vitamin C tablets every 2 hours when starting cold and it will help make it shorter.

No idea whether it will work with flu

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 17:07:12

I'm taking Accinecia tablets, cod liver oil, foilic acid, well women capsules!!! Have had some berrocca, the penicillin and cold and flu beechams tablets .

Will go and see if I have any vit c to add to all that.

Maybe I'm poisened by all the vitamins and this isn't flu at all!

RTKangaMummy Sat 15-Jan-05 17:10:31

you will rattle if you jump

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 17:15:34

I know! Just found one a day vit c tablets so took 1 with 2 more nerofen!

Socci Sat 15-Jan-05 17:31:25

Message withdrawn

CountessDracula Sat 15-Jan-05 17:40:50

TC I have just had 2 horrible colds in a row and am starting a third. I think it has something to do with the germ-carrying monsters that are our toddlers!

Hope you feel better soon xx

(ps antibiotics won't do anything for Flu, it's viral not bacterial)

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 19:08:18

Thanks CD. That's what I thought when prescribed them and exactly why I don't like going to the doctors. So is there anything you can take for flu, other than paracetamol? hope you feel better soon too.

Frizbe Sat 15-Jan-05 19:16:21

get some extra Zinc down you also, works a treat, all the cold remidies State side have it as an added extra, gawd knows why they don't over here?

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 21:31:58

Thank you. My vit c tablets come with added zinc so will keep on with those.

ThomCat Mon 17-Jan-05 17:18:33

Doctor said it's tonsilitis

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now