Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Teething at 10 weeks?

(8 Posts)
chicaguapa Fri 14-Jan-05 20:39:25

After 2 days of irritability ds has now got bright red cheeks. Could he be teething?

I'm reluctant to give him calpol at such a young age, he didn't even need any after his first injections. Any alternatives?

handlemecarefully Fri 14-Jan-05 21:14:33

Could quite possibly be teething. My dd got her first tooth and 12 weeks.

Sadly I don't think there are any alternatives to calpol...

nailpolish Fri 14-Jan-05 21:41:01

have you had a feel of his gums? at the front. if you dont want to give calpol try calgel or bonjela, torub on the gums. i feel its better if they get teeth early, my dd had a tooth at 16 wks and she didnt have too much bother, i felt it was because her gums were softer.

michelle30 Fri 14-Jan-05 21:41:25

there is something u can use its called ashton&parsons powder its really helpfull its in a blue and white box contains 20 sachets & shouldnt cost more than 1.99 you can get it from lloyds chemist or moss probably at most of them and dont know if you have a shop called savers where you are but you can get it there aswell

nailpolish Fri 14-Jan-05 21:43:11

oh yeah - that ashtons powder is great! for a multitude of things

fredly Sat 15-Jan-05 17:40:38

Yes, the powder is great. Used it with dd who also cut her 1st tooth at 12 weeks

CountessDracula Sat 15-Jan-05 17:54:57

Teetha powder (homeopathic) is fantastic - can buy in Boots etc

Amanda3266 Sat 15-Jan-05 17:56:19

Yes - could be teething. My DS got his first tooth at 17 weeks but dribbled and had bright red cheeks for ages before hand. There's probably development afoot under his gums.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now