Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Teething at 10 weeks?

(3 Posts)
chicaguapa Fri 14-Jan-05 20:30:17

After 2 days of irritability ds has now got bright red cheeks. Could he be teething?

I'm reluctant to give him calpol at such a young age, he didn't even need any after his first injections. Any alternatives?

mummylonglegs Fri 14-Jan-05 20:35:46

He could be teething - some kids are born with teeth so they can come early. In my experience with dd though she had red cheeks on and off quite frequently for months when she was tiny. She also dribbled loads and chewed her hands and we constantly expected teeth to come ... then the first one popped up at 11 months!! Can you see any raised areas on his gums? It's actually quite obvious to see or feel when they're genuinly coming through. The other thing I noticed was that when dd's first ones really did come through she wasn't very irritable at all and all the months of irritability I imagined were due to teeth must've been due to something else altogether.

lockets Fri 14-Jan-05 20:42:00

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now