Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

homeopathy for babies???

(5 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 12-Jan-05 16:51:24

my friends sone, who is not yet 3 months old, is about to have his second MRI scan which means a second general anesthetic (sp).
He was quite poorly after the first one and I wondered if there was a homeopathic remedy that might help him. Does anyone know if the homeopathic remedies are okay for babies?

Prufrock Wed 12-Jan-05 17:42:11

A lot definately are. My dd started seeing a homeopath at 9 months, and we'd given her the homeopathic teething granules before that. She could try calling a few homepaths in her aea and finding out if they felt they could help in her situation.

singsong Wed 12-Jan-05 17:45:26

I don’t know about homeopathic remedies in a baby this young. I think you should seek the advice of a qualified homeopath because you don’t want to risk the possibility of making things worse.
In what way was he poorly after the first anaesthetic? An anaesthetist will usually assess the child before giving any anaesthetic so it would be a good idea for your friend to tell them then about the previous problems because there might be some drug they can give/something they can do differently if they know what the problem was.

Jimjams Wed 12-Jan-05 17:47:31

Definitely OK- ds3 (1 week old yesterday) has already had his first remedy (arnica). There are remedies that help with anaesthetics- but best to see a homeopath (on recomendation if possible).

singsong Wed 12-Jan-05 18:08:15

mckenzie are you in the UK?

To find a qualified Homoeopath in your area send an A5 SAE to:

The Secretary
The Society of Homoeopaths
11 Brookfield Duncan Close
Moulton Park
Northampton
NN3 6WL
Tel: 0845 450 6611

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now