Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Head injuries - how long before onset of concussion?

(9 Posts)
anorak Wed 12-Jan-05 13:00:29

I've banged my head quite hard (I'm an idiot!).

I wanted to drive somewhere but I'm cautious about driving in case I develop concussion. Can anyone advise me how long I should wait?

gothicmama Wed 12-Jan-05 13:05:15

I think it is 24 hours ??!!

breeze Wed 12-Jan-05 13:09:37

You could try nhs direct, or try their website.

anorak Wed 12-Jan-05 13:14:31

Nothing on nhs direct website about concussion, breeze, but thanks. Same story when ds smashed his teeth in on Sunday. They only seem to deal in illnesses rather than accidents on the website.

breeze Wed 12-Jan-05 13:34:33

I am sure if you phone them they will be able to tell you what the period of time is.

I called them once when DS fell over and banged his head and I had to keep waking him in the night to ensure that he was ok.

Take it easy.

anorak Wed 12-Jan-05 13:37:47

Well it seems pretty clear that I shouldn't drive, anyway, so that answers my question. Thanks both of you.

Now, can anyone advise me how not to be such a daft cow? I seem to bang my head every time I go up in the loft these days.

Must be getting senile [bewildered smiley emoticon]

SeaShells Wed 12-Jan-05 13:44:36

Think I remember from the many times my DS has bumped his head at nursery/school and they give you that notice letter, that you have to keep a look out for signs of concussion in the 24hrs after.

breeze Wed 12-Jan-05 14:45:29

Anorak, if you are anything like me, I certainly cant help being a daft cow, I do tend go a bit daft over things like that as well.

Hope all is well

Yurtgirl Wed 12-Jan-05 19:38:46

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now