Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Zyban

(8 Posts)
duckegg Tue 11-Jan-05 19:28:19

Has anyone ever been given this ( think it's an antidepressant) to help with stopping smoking?

Blossomhill Tue 11-Jan-05 19:29:14

I have heard they are dangerous but that's all I know!

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 11-Jan-05 19:29:31

My Mum had it from her GP and she was all over the place for weeks. She really was like another person and she said she felt sooooooooo spaced out all the time. I thought after all the furore over the side effects, Zyban had been removed from the market ?

duckegg Tue 11-Jan-05 19:41:41

dangerous? don't know whether i should pass this on to dh now!

WigWamBam Tue 11-Jan-05 19:46:33

Have a look here

charlie01 Tue 11-Jan-05 19:46:38

Think it's still being prescribed though isn't it? My mum was given it to help her stop smoking and she thought it was fantastic. It gave her bad dreams but she finally stopped smoking, she had been trying for probably 20 years to give up.

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 11-Jan-05 19:50:46

Not only did it completely space my mum out but she was as sick as a dog on it. She used to ahve to pull over on her way to work to be sick . She still smokes.....

tabitha Tue 11-Jan-05 19:54:51

My dh tried it a couple of years ago to help him stop smoking. Unfortunately it didn't work with the smoking - but it had the interesting side-effect of stopping him drinking .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now