Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mole has changed colour and size ~ sick with worry.

(10 Posts)
breeze Tue 11-Jan-05 16:36:58

I have a mole about a few cms under my right boob, it has never caused me any problem, except with some weight gain at xmas it was uncomfortable with my bra, i went to the doctors to ask for it to be removed, I saw the doctor and she said it can be removed and I booked an appointment (2 week time), but I have just noticed now that the end has gone black, and it has puffed out and a lot fatter. I contacted the doctors and they have given me an appointment tomorrow morning (normally have to wait days) so I am worrying about the promptness of the appointment. Any advice?
TIA

sandyballs Tue 11-Jan-05 16:49:35

Probably just your bra aggravating it. The appointment was probably a cancellation - try not to worry, easier said than done I know.

hester Tue 11-Jan-05 16:50:57

Whatever is causing the change, you've clearly caught it very quickly. Try not to worry. If the doctor has any concerns, they can arrange further tests.

SoupDragon Tue 11-Jan-05 16:51:57

It's not in a place that constantly exposed to sunshine so it's probably just been rubbing on your bra. It's always best to get these sorts of things looked at though.

edam Tue 11-Jan-05 16:56:52

It's one of those situations where you worry if you get a fast appointment and you worry if you don't! Your doc may either be reorganising to meet the new 48-hour target (you should be able to get an appointment within 48 hours of requesting one) or responding to this as 'suspect mole' and therefore covered by the cancer target.
Honestly, it's almost certainly OK, I've had several moles removed including ones that had changed and they have all been. And even if it was cancerous, removing it at an early stage before anything has had a chance to spread would sort it out.
Hope it all goes well
Kaye

breeze Tue 11-Jan-05 21:03:10

Thanks for your re-assuring messages. It just shocked me that within 24 hours it has completely changed shape and colour. I also worried as that while on holiday this year, I was too busy making sure than DS was completely covered in sun cream, that I burnt on my chest and belly

breeze Wed 12-Jan-05 10:56:25

Doc says thats it all ok nothing there to worry him, having it removed in 10 days time, so that will be a relief. Thanks for everyone that took the time to reply.

hester Wed 12-Jan-05 14:07:43

So glad to hear that, breeze.

bonniej Wed 12-Jan-05 14:37:15

let us know how you get on having it removed,breeze. Glad to hear it's ok. I'v got two really large moles, one on my side and one under my arm. they've never changed shape or colour but should really get them removed to be on the safe side but am a real worrier. Have a bit of a phobia of hospitals. Hopefully you having yours done will spur me on, (that's if it doesn't hurt!) Please keep us posted

breeze Wed 12-Jan-05 14:47:21

Bonniej, I am having mine removed at the doctors surgery, my friend also had some removed at her surgery, so perhaps your offer that service as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now