Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Spotty baby

(10 Posts)
Nimme Sun 09-Jan-05 19:55:18

DD2 who is 5 weeks are covered in spots - mainly forehead and scalp. I seem to remember DD1 getting spotty when she was 2 weeks or so.

I have mislaid all my baby books and just wanted to check it is normal? And when do they go away?

Ilikeyou Sun 09-Jan-05 19:56:28

Message withdrawn

colditzmum Sun 09-Jan-05 19:57:02

It does seem pretty standerd for babies of that age. Commonly called milk spots. (Try a bit of sudocrem, very very small amount, but don't tell your HV)

Nimme Sun 09-Jan-05 19:57:26

Like your name! Do you know when they go away??

Ilikeyou Sun 09-Jan-05 20:10:17

Message withdrawn

warmmum Sun 09-Jan-05 20:11:07

Yes - whatever you do don't pick them!!

Kiwicath Sun 09-Jan-05 20:11:38

Nimme, very common. My littlin had them and I had visions of him being scarred for life but within 2 weeks they had come and gone without leaving a trace. No worries.

Nimme Mon 10-Jan-05 10:43:39

Thank you all - so will save photo-braggging-isn't-my-baby-cute-sessions for later then.

aloha Mon 10-Jan-05 10:46:31

IME they come at exactly the moment when you start to feel yourself again and think, 'ooh, must get out and show off my perfect, gorgeous baby".

nightowl Mon 10-Jan-05 10:51:02

my baby was born with really spotty cheeks! shame as bounty came around the hospital so her first pictures look a bit grim..never mind, she was still beautiful to me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: