Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just twisted my back - ouch :(

(7 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Sun 09-Jan-05 17:32:27

Just been out for a walk with dd2 for a while and I dropped something, bent down to pick it up and twisted my back, for the first few seconds I couldn't breathe.

Home now and taken some painkillers and its not feeling too bad at the minute, just my luck, started on plan and hoped to do an exercise dvd tomorrow.

Bugger

LIZS Sun 09-Jan-05 18:10:59

Ouch - many sympathies.

I tweaked something just before Christmas. Had a dull ache for about a week, which was particularly busy with end of term events and taking dd in and out of car, then was suddenly in real pain after sweeping up some snow. Rest, nurofen, topical pain relieving gel and a hot water bottle helped. Now left with a ache which flares up if I overdo it. Will watch thread with interest for any other tips.

Hope yours turns out to be not too serious. Take it easy.

SDragon Sun 09-Jan-05 18:14:20

Visit an osteopath if the pain persists.

SDragon Sun 09-Jan-05 18:15:10

Shoud clarify - I suffer from recurring back problems and the osteopath works wonders Well worth the expense

Chocol8 Sun 09-Jan-05 18:27:45

Agree with SDragon - after (too many) years of back problems, the first sign of back pain and I call the Osteo, definitely worth the money imo. Hope you're feeling better soon Bubbles.

kid Sun 09-Jan-05 21:26:52

I suffered from a muscle spasm in my neck / back when DS was 8 months old. Not sure what triggered it, I had spent almost 3 hours decorating the previous day so possibly that. Was prescribed Diazepam and told to take ibuprofen for pain relief and then told to do gentle exercises. I was referred to a Physio Therapist for a couple of months. I have managed to trigger the spasm again on Friday (after building a table and 6 chairs) so am trying to remember the exercises I have to do!

BubblesDeVere Mon 10-Jan-05 08:23:45

It was terrible trying to get comfy last night in bed, but I managed it in the end and managed to sleep ok, its a bit tender this morning, like you describe a 'dull ache'. My back has a tendency to go, though I think it could be because I am so overweight. Will see how it goes in the next couple of days and then may pay a visitor to the doctors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now