Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

in ear thermometer

(11 Posts)
mumofelise Sat 08-Jan-05 22:40:17

does anyone have one? are they any good? and does anyone know the best place to get one?

PuffTheMagicDragon Sat 08-Jan-05 22:41:24

I find mine invaluable. I got it from Boots. They're not cheap, but worth the money IMO.

misdee Sat 08-Jan-05 22:42:04

tescos do one for £20, was looking the other day. i think if you get the phillips one u can guarentee u get the hygiene caps for longer than the others. i am also thinking of geting one.

Aimsmum Sat 08-Jan-05 22:42:46

Message withdrawn

Clayhead Sat 08-Jan-05 22:43:42

Totally agree with PTMD. Got mine from Boots (it's the Boots own one), about £35 but money well spent. Most of the time I've used it it has just reassured me, shown temperature as normal, it's invaluable.

Surfermum Sat 08-Jan-05 22:44:01

Me too. Worth every penny. We went away and didn't have it, and trying to take DD's temperature with one of those strip things on the forehead was near impossible as she kept struggling.

Got ours from Boots as they were giving loads of points if you spent over a certain amount on baby stuff.

Aero Sat 08-Jan-05 22:44:13

Yes - fantastic - all over in a secnd. Got mine on holiday a couple of years ago in a huge Asda in Gt Yarmouth. Only cost us £20 - much cheaper than I'd seen previously - thus reason for buying it. Not sure of the general price of them atm, but I'd defo buy another if this one dies!

duckegg Sat 08-Jan-05 22:49:45

i have the boots one, it's good to have but i find that when ds has a temperature snd is obviously not well the themometer reads something like 37.8 which they say is normal. Normal for ds always comes out at 36.2

Flossam Sat 08-Jan-05 22:50:35

I got one fo 12.99 on ebay, not collected it from post office yet, but as a general rule this method of temperature taking is one of the most reliable you van do at home. I'll see if any more are for sale

Flossam Sat 08-Jan-05 22:55:07

heres one for BIN orice of 13!

weightwatchingwaterwitch Sun 09-Jan-05 20:57:42

Maplins was v cheap IIRC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now