Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you have a groove in your tongue?

(12 Posts)
Eulalia Fri 07-Jan-05 16:11:10

Someone lent me a copy of 'You are What you Eat' by Gillian McKeith. It was also a TV prog too I believe. I've just skimmed through it as I feel it is rather an extreme diet regime.

She discusses how to look out for signs of health/illness. One way is to examine the tongue. Apparently you shouldn't have a groove or 'crack' as she calls it down the middle of your tongue. I have this but am healthy and don't have any stomach problems. I think this is rubbish and it was one of those things you either have or don't have. So just thought I'd do a quick survey here. Thanks.

marthamoo Fri 07-Jan-05 16:13:15

She's insane. Take no notice.

<<<oooh controversial>>>

marthamoo Fri 07-Jan-05 16:13:54

I think I have a groove - thought it was just the shape of my tongue.

GeorginaA Fri 07-Jan-05 16:17:39

Gillian McKeith is highly dubious and has been the subject of fairly extensive discussion in the Guardian. I would ignore her, if I were you

marthamoo Fri 07-Jan-05 16:19:04

I read in Radio Times that she can no longer call herself "Doctor" on TV but will be referred to as diet doctor (a la House Doctor). Didn't she buy her PhD from some quack college in the States?

marthamoo Fri 07-Jan-05 16:19:29

Thanks, georgina!

Eulalia Fri 07-Jan-05 16:29:56

Thanks for that Georgina - most amusing. I wasn't taking much notice of her but didn't realise she was thought so badly of (hmmm bad English there!

I was suspicious of the title 'doctor' when the book didn't mention anything about her qualifications. There is a pic of her looking very smug too.

marthamoo Fri 07-Jan-05 16:36:55

She's off her rocker - I only watched the first one of her TV series because it made my BP go up with too much shouting at the TV at the cr@p she spouts. She took a very overweight woman, who by her own admission only ate junkfood and ready meals, and tried to make her drink avocado and beetroot smoothies, and eat alfafa sprout salads.

KBear Fri 07-Jan-05 16:39:43

Groove is in the heart

nananana

KBear Fri 07-Jan-05 16:39:59

marthamoo Fri 07-Jan-05 16:40:42

Yayy, KBear with the silly posting - that's what I'm doing too

Silly Posting Rules OK.

KBear Fri 07-Jan-05 16:42:28

Couldn't resist!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now